logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Time ON
w1mu
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:02:26 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

When i enter a callsign and TAB ahead to the next field the time is entered in the Time ON field. But when my QSO is complete and i hit ENTER to log the QSO the time in the Time ON field changes to the then-current time and logs the QSO with the current time, not the time when it started. I have scoured the HELP resources and can't figure out what i am doing wrong. Can anyone advise me how to correct this?
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:52:02 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Since you are using {Enter} to "save" the new QSO, I asume you have "{Enter} Adds a new QSO" selected in log/setup. Check this.

Ok, so you type a call and press {Tab}, it gets the current time. All good. You finish out the QSO, you press {Enter}, and it blanks the log screen, starts a new QSO, and enters the current time for you. You enter a call and press {Tab} it will again read the clock. But the QSO that was on tehscreen before you pressed {Enter} IS saved with the correct time. You just can't see it in the log entry form because you just started a new QSO by pressing {Enter}. You can also double-click the Time fields to populate with the current time.

Note that you do not have to explicitly save a QSO in LOGic. It will get saved when you add a new QSO, close the log screen, etc. Saving does read the clock for time-off. There is a Save button to force this and to attempt to flush the disk buffers in case of power failure etc.

Let me know if any ????s.

DH
w1mu
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:44:37 PM(UTC)

Here's what happens:

1. I open up Logic9 and the log window opens with the last QSO completed the last time i used Logic9.
2. I hit CTL N to clear the logging window so i can enter a station and log a QSO
3. I enter the new stations callsign and TAB to the next field and the TIME ON field auto-fills with the current time
4. I conduct my QSO for however long it lasts and when i am done i hit enter to log the QSO and clear the log window so that i can enter a new callsigh
5. But when i hit ENTER the QSO being conducted gets logged with a NEW TIME ON that is the time when i hit enter.

Sitting there in the "Browse" log in the TIME ON field is the new time.

what i want to do is enter a callsign in a blank log form, TAB to the next field and have the then-current time entered in the TIME ON field, enter data in various fields as i need to as the QSO proceeds, and then when i complete the QSO and hit ENTER to save it the time in the TIME ON field stays the same.

any idea what i am doing wrong. I have been a LOgic user going back to Logic6 and never had this problem, so i must have configured something wrong somewhere.

Thanks!
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 9:31:52 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, let's verify your settings. Click Log and Setup. There are two options we are interested in:

{Enter} activates the browse window
{Enter| adds a new QSO

Which do you have selected?

Try another log form -- MINI will do -- and see if it does the same thing.

Tnx/73,

DH
w1mu
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 2:04:42 PM(UTC)

I went to LOG-SETUP and the button i had checked was "{enter} adds new QSO". I changed to the other option - "{enter} activates new browse window" and the result was the same.

BTW in the setup menu i have checked "Log TIME ON when saving QSO"

When I tried MINI the time that was entered in the TIME ON field was the time when a new QSO was opened up (I use CTL N) but when i put a callsign in the cal field and tabbed ahead the time did not change.

What I had always been able to do until now was to open up a new QSO, place a callsign in the call field, and then have TIME ON entered as the current time when i tabbed out of the callsign field. This was always a GREAT feature, especially in DX pileups, because you often don't work the station you are calling until after 3-5 calls (maybe more) and the way the TIME ON was entered when I tabbed forward out of the callsign field made it possible for me to have the actual time of the QSO, not the time when i started calling the intended station.

Does any of this help?

Thanks!
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 7:23:26 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: w1mu Go to Quoted Post
BTW in the setup menu i have checked "Log TIME ON when saving QSO"

Ok, that explains it. I forgot about this option. It is for contesting, not DXing. Note the hover text for the field when you hold the mouse over it.

Turn it off. Now it will read the clock when tabbing out of the call field as you describe.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY