logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Spot Log Callsign Issue
K1VC
#1 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 10:45:00 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Hello,

Once again, my spot log no longer shows any color other than black text when stations are spotted. I just saw 3 stations get spotted and the call signs were in black text, not green and I have already worked those 3 stations.

I checked TOOLS > SETUP > MODES and all the modes that I use are checked (the 3 stations that were posted were all on CW and the ACTUAL MODE was listed as CW).

I checked my SPOT LOG > Options and the Spot level is set to "Has been worked (QSL status ignored)".

One other thing I've noticed, when a call is spotted, the "Other QSO window" no longer shows if I've had a contact with that station. I wonder if this is related to the SPOT LOG no longer showing worked stations in green.

I like the Spot LOG with green calls and the Other QSO window working together so I can see if I need a station spotted on another band or mode.

Any ideas what changed?

Running LOGic 9.1.46.

Thank you,
Vin 73
K1VC
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K8ZM
#2 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 4:01:41 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Hi Vin,

Hope you are well !!

The Spot Level setting "Has been worked (QSL status ignored)" will only show unworked entities as being needed, so it makes sense stations you have worked are not being highlighted.

73 Brad, N8GLS
K1VC
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 2:39:38 PM(UTC)

Hi Brad,

Happy New Year !

Now I'm not getting any green call signs in the spot log Sad It's like LOGic has it's own mind, with each pc bootup something changes.

Vin, 73
K1VC
K1VC
#4 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 12:28:57 PM(UTC)

Hello,

It's happening again, nothing in my SPOT LOG is green after I work and log them. I worked some DX today and after the DX was spotted by other stations, those calls were never green.

I went into the SPOT LOG > OPTIONS tab and changed the SPOT LEVEL, waited for the spots to come up again, if no green in the SPOT LOG, I changed the SPOT LEVEL to the next option, waited and still no green.

I did this for each SPOT LEVEL
QSL has been received
QSL has been Requested
Has been worked (QSL status ignored)

Running LOGic 9.20.10

Anyone else having this issue?

Thank you,
Vin, 73
K1VC
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 3:09:15 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

I just tested this, and no problems here.

Spot level and QSL status doesn't matter. All that matters is that the band and mode match what is in your log, and DAYS AGO hasn't expired. The idea is that if you have worked that station on that band and mode in the last 90 days or whatever, there is no need to to after him again. If you requested a QSL last time you worked him, great. Hopefully he will come thru. If he doesn't, the 90 days expires and he shows as needed. If you worked him before and didn't request a QSL, there is probably a reason -- like he says he doesn't QSL. Again, no need to chase after him again.

Here's how I tested:

A spot comes in. Work him. Log him. Don't worry about QSL SENT/RCVD. Just make sure call, band, mode, and date/time are logged.

Now go to the Options page on the spot log. Generate a test spot of the station that you just worked. Choose a frequency that translates out to the same band and mode of the QSO you just worked. The test spot should show up with a green callsign.

MAKE SURE Show All IS CHECKED!

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K1VC
#6 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 3:53:47 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

I did exactly as you said and I see a green spot. It didn't work for T6AA last week on 20 CW Confused

Vin, 73
K1VC
K1VC
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2023 9:17:08 AM(UTC)

Hello,

Sorry, revisiting this Spot Log Callsign issue Sad

Stations that I've worked (and/or) confirmed are not showing up as green in the spot log. This happens a lot and often, I set my radio to the station only to find out that I worked that station already. I've attached my screenshots. The callsign in the spot log does not come up in green.

The second screenshot is my Spot Log settings.

Any thoughts what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,
Vin, 73
K1VC

File Attachment(s):
Spot Log Callsign color.JPG (123kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
Spot Log Setting.JPG (41kb) downloaded 31 time(s).