logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Logging error when using Omnirig
WB4YDL
#1 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 9:51:25 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello Dennis:

Finally have a bit of time to play radio during the holidays ! BigGrin I've been playing with different pieces of software, trying to get them to play nice together and stumbled upon Omnirig. I had never tried using it before and it's been very useful - if you choose your software carefully. Presently, I have my two radios (K3, FT1000MkV) working well with LOGic, BandMaster, and MixW3. (flDigi does NOT work with this setup.) I have noticed a problem in logging however when doing this.

While operating split on Rig #2 (FT1000MkV), if I enter a callsign and press TAB, it will switch VFO A and B on the radio. This has the effect of making (logging) the same frequency for the split frequency (TX) as for receive. I have to then manually correct the TX frequency. Also If I manually put the radio into split, it does not register in LOGic (radio control box). I have to press the spl key to get it to register as a split contact. Pressing the spl key again does take the radio out of split - so it toggles fine - it just doesn't recognize the radio when manually placed into split.

The other thing I've found is that MixW only works with Rig #1 with Omnirig - there is no Rig #1 and Rig #2 setting, just a single selection of Omnirig which only works for Rig #1. So the K3 is set to be my digital radio - until they get it straight. I haven't figured out how to transfer log data from MixW to the LOGic log - I have been manually typing in the contact info after the QSO.

And lastly, the only other thing I've noticed is the frequency readout in LOGic for the K3 eventually times out and goes to all zeroes. Moving the VFO knob or clicking anything in the radio control box will wake it up and cause the display to work correctly - for awhile.

Lots to chew on, I know, but I don't get this chance often !

73, Jamie
WB4YDL
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:07:35 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Jamie:

Thanks for the post. OmniRig is a new feature to LOGic, and we are still learning.

Quote:
While operating split on Rig #2 (FT1000MkV), if I enter a callsign and press TAB, it will switch VFO A and B on the radio.

What I need to determine is if OmniRig or LOGic is at fault with the FT1000MkV. Do you have some other logging software that also supports OmniRig that works? You can always download the TRX-Manager demo and try that. I gather the K3 works ok with OmniRig & LOGic?

You mention that you are using the FT1000MkV as Rig 2. Rig 2 in LOGic or OmniRig? Is this actually a factor, or does it do the same thing if you set it up as Rig 1?

MixW has a DDE interface that should transfer the data to LOGic. Try doing what LOGic's help says (search for MIXW), and we'll take it from there.

Adding an interface FLDigi is getting higher on the list BTW.

As for the timeout, I haven't run into this. Does it do it both with OmniRig and connected directly to LOGic?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WB4YDL
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:16:43 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dennis:

Well, hi ho, it's back to work I go ! I haven't had much time to diddle with things. No, I have no other logging software but LOGic and that's been the case for the better part of 2 decades ! I do use N1MM for contesting and ADIF everything back to LOGic - nearly 27k QSO's.

The station is set up as a contest station with the #1 rig being to my left and the #2 rig to my right. All are setup that way through a Microham SO2R box - microkeyer 2R+.

I haven't had the opportunity to do a split QSO with the K3 yet as I was having too much fun just clicking on the waterfall and making QSO's. :)

The timeout issue was the case before Omnirig was invoked. I think Logic has Omnirig correct - it's MixW that has the single rig problem. I'm still running WinXP and an old AMD Opteron processor ! Yikes ! But, hey, it works !

Yes, I need to re-read that DDE thing again in getting data to flow from MixW to LOGic. Needs to be more intuitive.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL