logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

All labels not being printed
WB3JFS
#1 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2015 4:03:22 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi!

I did a dry test run, (printed to plain sheets of paper, not label sheet), using the Multiple QSL Labels, 3 QSO per label, 2 wide format. Everything printed well, except when printed, both columns were 9 labels instead of the normal 10, which would give the total of 20 labels per sheet. These are the 1x4 labels. I checked in Report Writer and couldn't find anything. Is there some place else to set this so all 20 labels per sheet can be printed?

Jeff

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2015 1:50:35 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

It works fine here, so there is probably some anomaly with your printer driver -- for some reason it thinks that there is not enough room on the page to fit the header plus 10 rows, so it flows to the next page prematurely.

Modify the report and check that the height of the Header is .5" and the height of Detail is 1.0". Right-click on the bar that says Page Header or Detail. Properties, then General. Maybe they got changed somehow.

If they are correct, you need to shrink the content slightly. The easy way would be to set the page header to slightly less than .5". However, that will move the tops of each label up slightly, which may or may not be a problem.

You can also shorten the height of the Detail slightly. The problem here is that this will cause each label to creep up as you go down the page. Check the distances between the tops of labels -- it should be exactly 9" between the top and your last (9th). If it is a little more than 9", then the printer driver is not calculating distances properly, and shortening the detail a bit so that they do measure exactly 1" each is the proper fix.

You might check for an updated printer driver.

Unfortunately this sort of thing isn't that uncommon. Gotta love LoTW hihi.

Let us know.

Tnx/73,

Dennis WN4AZY

WB3JFS
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:05:45 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi Dennis,

Sorry for the late reply. I checked what you suggested and all appears to be well. Support for the printer I have ended a good 4 years ago, so no new drivers, but still works great. I printed up a sheet of address labels in MS Word using the same label sheet and all 20 labels were printed. I know these are two different programs but if it was the printer (drivers), we're only talking about one printer. I'll keep poking around to see what else could be causing it. In the meantime, let me know if something passes your way.

Jeff WB3JFS

WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 3:38:24 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, did you try shrinking the size of the header slightly?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY