logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Can't update from 9.1.24
W2EC
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 9:13:05 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Currently at logic9.1.24. Want to renew my subscription and update to latest level. Figured I'd first update to latest level supported by my previous subscription, which is 9.1.39. That failed. Started going backwards and find I can't even update to 9.1.25. I'm not about to spend money on a current subscription until I find out why I can't update to a level that I'm supposedly authorized to get. I've attached the first four error messages I get when updated to 9.1.25. These all work fine in 9.1.24. I stopped at 4 error messages but I actually they just keep coming if I try to select "continue".
Any idea what would cause these errors? They are the same errors I get whether I update to 9.1.25 or 9.1.39, the last level I supposedly can update to.
File Attachment(s):
1st Error.JPG (20kb) downloaded 61 time(s).
2nd Error.JPG (20kb) downloaded 43 time(s).
3rd Error.JPG (18kb) downloaded 44 time(s).
4th Error.jpg (19kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 12:31:45 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Sorry for the problem.

That ADDSOURCE field it is complaining about is a field in the log table, and it appears to be missing. It was added in an update, so if LOGic detects that it is missing, it creates this field (and others associated with it).

With this field missing, LOGic would be unusable. I think the problem extends beyond the ability to update.

Try doing CLEAN UP INDEXES AND TEMPORARY FILES from the Windows start menu. Start LOGic. That should add the missing fields.

Let me know!

Thanks & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

I'll try to call you later.
W2EC
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:26:13 PM(UTC)

I have tried the CLEAN UP INDEXES but the results are the same.
W2EC
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:33:57 PM(UTC)

I should clarify. I use LOGic9 for three callsigns, W@EC my personal call, WA2TTX as trustee of the club and AAR2DH, my Army MARS call.
For each of these logs, I use a separate instance, ie for Army MARS I use Q:\LOGic\LOGic.exe Instance=AAR2DH DATA='Q:\LOGic\AAR2DH\LOGDATA'
I thought maybe the indexes being updated were in the LOGic9\Logdata subdirectory so after the original failures I backed up my LOGic\Logdata subdirectory
and copied my LOGic\AAR2DH\Logdata into it, then ran the CLEAN UP, then returned the cleaned version (150 changed files) to my LOGic\AAR2DH\Logdata subdirectory. Still
have the same errors.
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:53:30 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, so it isn't updating the alternate databases with the new fields apparently. Good catch.

I think the easiest way to fix this is to go to tools/advanced/database commands and add these fields manually. First close all other windows.

Type the following commands, pressing {Enter} after each one. You may copy and paste, one command at a time.

use log exclusive
Alter Table Log Add Column added Datetime
Alter Table Log Add Column Updated Datetime
Alter Table Log Add Column addsource Integer Null
Alter Table Log Add Column updsource Integer Null

Do this for each of your databases -- just click the shortcut for each database. Close all the windows. Go to tools/advanced/database commands. The commands should be there from before. You can just place the cursor on tip of the command and press {Enter} to execute it.

I can log in and do this for you if it is easier.
http://www.hosenose.com/remote_support.aspx
Call me at 770-307-1496. I'll be going out in about half an hour but will be back late afternoon.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

W2EC
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:25:01 PM(UTC)

OK, I think that has resolved the issue, my AAR2DH database seems to be working after those additions. Have to take the wife out myself now but I'll update my other two database later when I return home. Thanks. Will I have to do this every time I update to a new level? I'll re-subscribe when I get home so I can update to the latest level.
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 5:06:00 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

No, you should never have to do that again. In fact, I think we fixed that in a later update so it will add new fields to alternate databases.

I apologize for the problem.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W2EC
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 6:33:19 PM(UTC)

I have now upgraded to 9.1.39 which was the latest update available under my previous subscription. My fault for not keeping more up to date. Just seemed funny that the problem occurred when I tried to go from 9.1.24 to 9.1.25 since they were pretty old levels. Anyway, since I was able to get everything running on all my databases using the technique you gave, and I am now at level 9.1.39 running fine, I have renewed my subscription so I can get up to the latest level. Just waiting for the renewal to be processed.

Thanks for your rapid response and help with this issue.
W2EC
#9 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 1:20:14 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

Received my new subscription info, installed it and ran it, seemed to work fine. Then I went and performed the update to 9.1.46. Then everything went to pieces. Right off it asks me to open some .DBF database and I have no idea what one. I skip by that and then I start getting errors about something called logfields.df does not exist, line# in .\updates\runonce_installist.prg:32
I click OK and then get additional error ie operand type mismatch, then Argument value, type or count invalid, then lists.dbf does not exist, then etc etc etc, many message have to do with something called timewarp?

Any ideas on this?

W2EC
#10 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 1:34:25 PM(UTC)

Disregard previous message, it sent before I had finished describing the problems. The new subscription install shows 9.1.41 which seems to work fine. It's upgrading to higher level where I am having the problems. I'll do some attempts to gather better data then will get back to you.
N3KWB
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 1:00:11 PM(UTC)

Dennis,
Updated on 2/10/20 to 9.1.47 and received multiple error messages which are attached. Uninstalled and reinstalled, cleaned the indexes, same problems. Running Window 10, ver 1909, build 18363.476. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe
File Attachment(s):
LOGic9 Update errors ver 9.1.47.pdf (328kb) downloaded 51 time(s).
LOGic9 Update errors ver 9.1.47 additional.pdf (454kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
WN4AZY
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 5:27:48 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi--

It looks like your .NET 4 framework installation is corrupt. The error message is saying that the

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Configmachine.config

file has duplicate entries.

Attached is this file from my machine. Download it and replace yours with this one. It wouldn't hurt to keep a copy of yours.

Let me know. If this doesn't fix it the next step would be to reinstall .NET 4. I am not sure how to do that, but I can find out!

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY

PS The forum won't accept a .config file, so I zipped it. Please unzip!
File Attachment(s):
machine.zip (5kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
N3KWB on 2/23/2020(UTC)
N3KWB
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 2:36:58 PM(UTC)

Dennis,
That worked. All the error messages disappeared. I have been working with Microsoft to get this laptop updated to the latest build, which finally happened yesterday, and have not had a chance to use your file. So all is good for the moment. Thanks for your help.

Joe