logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

QSL Cards
N7TB
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 6:39:19 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
As I use LOGic, i believe it is THE most powerful logging software, etc. available. Unfortunately I seem to be only able to use about 5 percent of it's capability because there simply doesn't seem to be alot of documentation on the more powerful features.

I figured out how to do a 4 card QSL card, but I did it this way: (been a user since Version 4 or 5, but never used this feature)

1. Go to the log entry for a QSO I got a card for. Click F for both entry fields. (if I didn't, I got cards printed asking for a QSL card)

2. open the QSL Card list and pick 4 cards per page W4NN stock, because I am using 8.5 by 11 card stock.

3. Enter 73 de Terry, but it seems only 73 prints and I have no idea why that is.

4. Then I click Call in the next window click OK

5. Then I click filter on next window and put in the call = whatever it is. if there are more than one QSO's with that contact, I go to Value 2 and choose the date equal to the one I want to use.

6. I then print the QSL card to the screen and if there are two QSO's for that contact, both are shown as being printed, even though I specifically asked for only the one date. I have no idea why.

7. Not having any idea how to add additional QSL cards to the 4 per page format, I print the one card if i only have one contact with that person. then I reverse the cardstock 3 more times in the printer and go through the same process three more times. if I have more than one QSO with a contact, i can't use LOGic, so I do those by hand.

As powerful as LOGic is, I know I am missing something but for the life of me, because of the lack of detailed documentation on how to do this, I have no way to do it. Dennis has created an amazing product, but as a software developer myself who had to write documentation, I had to be very careful that my familiarity with my software did not cause me to assume someone else "gets it".

This forum doesn't get alot of use. A Facebook group would be another way to reach users and would advertise LOGic to a much broader audience of hams. Just some thoughts.

I really struggle with the database type of options and the language used.

Terry, N7TB
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K8ZM
#2 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 4:44:37 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Hi Terry,

Ok, in order of what your doing;

1) For QSO's you want to send a card put "R" in the "QSL Sent" field (ignore quotes). This way LOGic will automatically ignore all other QSO's when it prints.
2) ok
3) This is an "extra" line of text LOGic adds, its not what you see at the bottom of the card next to the bold "73,". If you haven't modified the W7NN stock report, the "extra" line that gets added is below the address rectangle and just above the solid black line where the QSO details begin, at least on the one I have.
4) ok
5) For the filter criteria, use QSL_SENT="R" (include the quotes). This will print only those QSO's you identified in 1) above. If you have a lot of QSO's with "R" for QSL Sent, you can add criteria here to narrow down what you want to send. I would use "R" for a few QSO's and see if it works. I can post screen shots if needed, just yell.
6) Not sure why your getting multiple QSO's, unless they are on the same date, or maybe a syntax issue. For now see if you can get the above to work, then we can get into why this is occurring.
7) Ok, well, the W7NN stock QSL card reports I don't believe had a multiple QSO feature. There are other card reports that do support multiple QSO's, they could be modified if your up to that task. I would again try to get the above to work and then can help with those instances of multiple QSO's.

I created a card report to automatically print on my very old QSL card stock so don't use any of the other reports but there are plenty of us here that can help even though the forum seems to "not get a lot of use".

73 de Brad, N8GLS
N7TB
#3 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 11:18:25 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Brad,

Thank you so very much, that is so helpful!

Terry
K8ZM
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:14:58 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Terry,

Thanks...yell if you need anything else!!

PS: Don't run out of ink...hi hi!

73 de Brad, N8GLS