logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

MicroHam Station Master/micro2R
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 8:29:32 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Anyone with a Station Master and/or micro2R and have them working with LOGic I would appreciate some info on how the connectivity works. I think the microham gear uses a router methodology and creates virtual com ports through which LOGic would interface. Before investing in some of their gear I want to be sure it interfaces with LOGic without requiring a quagmire of work-arounds. I have multiple Icom rigs connected along with full rotor control in LOGic now and all is working without issue. I want to add antenna control and a few other niceties to the mix and the Station Master along with the micro2R for SO2R would pretty much solve all that's on my wish list, but if its not going to be as "seamless" as it is now I'll find another alternative to maintain the simplicity I now enjoy.

Any comments appreciated or em to n8gls@arrl.net.

Hope all are keeping warm, about -4 Deg here near Cleveland this morn with wicked nasty wind chills yesterday !! But hey, forecast is for near 50 next week ! The rotor will love that, she's not turning quit as fast these last couple days....hi hi !

73, de Brad N8GLS
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/5/2019(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
wa4pgm
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 1:12:10 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I have a microHAM microKEYER interface that I have used with LOGic for several years.
Kyle
2 users thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
K8ZM on 2/2/2019(UTC), WN4AZY on 2/5/2019(UTC)
W8JY
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 1:47:25 PM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I have used Micro Keyer MKII units with ICOM and Ten-Tec transceivers interfacing with LOGic for years with no problems. I now use a Micro Keyer MKIII with a Yaesu tranceiver with no problems interfacing with LOGic. They are not the cheapest interfaces on the market, but they seem to play well with almost all software programs.
2 users thanked W8JY for this useful post.
K8ZM
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:35:27 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Thanks Kyle & Jesse,

Ok, well, wanted to be sure that their gear was going to play well with LOGic and didnt want to "buck up" without knowing that LOGic won't be complaining every bit and byte of the way. Kind of re-equiping the shack and trying to get it tailored the way that best suits my operating style. Their gear is a tad on the high side of the hill but when I look at other alternatives it isnt all that bad especially considering the flexibility of adding more functionality down the road and having it all play together. Sadly not able to homwbrew much anymore other than growing money on trees.....

73, de Brad N8GLS

K1VC
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2019 4:34:32 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Hi Brad,

I've been using a MicroHam Digikeyer II with LOGic and N1MM+ for almost 3 years without a problem. It all interfaces with a Yaesu transeiver. Since MicroHam put out the new MKIII, you can probably find someone selling their MKII pretty cheap. I've seen a couple for sale on QRZ.com sell very quickly.

Good luck !

Vin, 73
K1VC
2 users thanked K1VC for this useful post.
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 7:46:01 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
We used to have all kinds of problems with MicroHam's USB=>RS232 adapters not being 100% RS-232 compatible years back. They seem to have resolved that (may be using FTDI chips now?).

And LOGic is now more tolerant -- we redid the RS-232 coding recently.

I agree that you should be fine.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 2/5/2019(UTC)
K8ZM
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 3:40:53 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Hi Dennis !!

Hope you and Fe and the gang are well !!

I have had LOGic working darn good for quite some time now and am trying to close the last basic hole I have in my quest for "simple" automation, antenna switching. Once I get that working then I'll go and tackle the SO2R challenge. I get very nervous when adding hardware that has to communicate across several software applications and I dont really want to buck-up without some self-assurance that all this stuff will be as incredibly seamless as it is now, especially with contest time looming around the corner. Its nice to know others are running some of the Microham gear successfully so I know I have hope...hi hi.

Thanks for the feedback !

73, de Brad, N8GLS