logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Satellite & IOTA QSOs imported via ADIF
AA7XT
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:05:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I recently switched from DXbase 2007 to LOGic 9 owing to DXbase's orphan status (hasn't been updated in years). I exported 90,000 QSOs from DXbase in ADIF format and imported same into LOGic 9 with major drama. MY DXCC totals seem correct.

I do have two issues:

(1) My satellite QSOs (mostly from the AO-10 and AO-13 era) were imported as simple VHF and UHF QSOs, not as satellite QSOs. It looks like Mode B QSOs are credited to my 70cm DXCC total and Mode J QSOs are credited to 2m. Satellite QSOs are in their own DXCC class and shouldn't be counted towards standard VHF DXCC awards. I can't find anything on satellite QSOs in the LOGic literature. My satellite QSOs were logged as such in DXbase in 2007.

(2) I can't find my IOTA data in the Main Log window - I scrolled and checked each column - in my imported QSOs or elsewhere and can't figure out how to log new IOTA QSOs. The IOTA Progress total shows my totals but I can't find the raw info.

Please help!

Bill AA7XT
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:34:57 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Bill--

Sri for the delay in my response. It didn't show up in new messages or it did and I overlooked it. Thank you for following up by other means hihi.

On Satellites, did the SATNAME and SATMODE fields import OK? The best way to tell is to click tools/logforms and open the USERFIELDS log form. Let me know and we'll take it from there.

On IOTA, again, make sure they imported as described above. I'm not following your question exactly, but I think you are asking how to make the IOTA field visible on the log form. Search Help for "user-defined fields". The attached screen shot illustrates the process.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
File Attachment(s):
capture.png (74kb) downloaded 45 time(s).