logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOGic 9 v9.1.35 Update Issue
W5RAE
#1 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2018 3:23:26 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Dennis,

I just downloaded the v.35 update. I currently have my logdata files my OneDrive in a file named LOGicData. Up until now, I have had NO issues in applying updates but with this new update, I am getting many error messages.

At first, they were all index structure errors like it couldn't find an index. Now I get the following every time I startLOGic:

Error 1707 "Structural ,CDX file is not found" has occurred in
program
CALLBOOK_WEB_ASYNC.LOAD line 4.

Attempt to continue?

If I click yes, the program starts, but after shutting down program error reoccurs. I reloaded v.34 and still get the same error now, which I did not have before.

Please advise.

Ron
W5RAE

1 user thanked W5RAE for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 5/7/2018(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W5RAE
#2 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2018 3:42:27 PM(UTC)

Dennis,

I just did a reindex and repack and the error has seemed to go away on restart.

However, I am staying on v.34 until I know there are no more issues.

Ron
W5RAE
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2018 9:54:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Ron:

Not sure what happened. The index files are supposed to get deleted and recreated when you install an update -- essentially a reindex and pack. Not sure why they didn't get recreated. There have been no changes to this part of LOGic. I haven't had any other reports of this.

BTW, it was the ZIP code table, ZIPS.CDX that it was complaining about. I deleted my ZIPS.CDX file (causing the same error you experienced), reinstalled .35, and it recreated zips.cdx and eliminated the error. Everything is good here.

Try going to tools/advanced/index info. Scroll to the bottom of the list. There are supposed to be two entries for ZIP. TAG and EXPRESSION should both say STATE on one entry, and ZIP on the other. If those entries are missing, that would explain the behavior you describe. To fix, download and retain .35 (or .34 if you'd rather). Delete c:\program files (x86)\logic\logdata\index_info.dbf & index_info.cdx, then reinstall the update to get a factory-fresh file.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W5RAE
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2018 10:58:25 AM(UTC)

Dennis,

That didn't work, it hung up on the prefix database.

So, finally I reinstalled v.35 and installed the factory prefix database and all works well now. Too bad I lost all of my prefix updates, oh well.

Ron
W5RAE
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2018 1:03:13 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Sorry you lost your prefix changes. If you made a backup of it or the LOGic install folder before installing the factory one, send prefix.dbf to me and I will see what is in it.

The factory one, in conjunction with the CTY callsign exceptions in the .35 update, should be as complete as you can get. If I am missing something, let me know and I will add it.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W5RAE
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 9, 2018 7:20:43 AM(UTC)

Dennis,

Thanks for the offer but don't have a backup of prefix db. Thought had one cause I run LOGic backup regularly but unfortunately that file is not included in the backups made.

Maybe it could be added?

Ron
W5RAE