logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Error message when attempting to use QRZ subscription
KO6L
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 9:52:48 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I attempted to configure LOGic8 for my elderly godfather/elmer. When I attempted to test, I would get an error that the access was denied. I assumed that maybe my godfather didn't enter the correct password. But I can't find anything in the online help or in the software to describe how to reset the password used by LOGic to access QRZ. I would think that would be a fairly common issue. What happens when you update your qrz.com password? People DO change their passwords.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying my best to help my godfather use the software he is familiar with.

Thanks, Steve

P.S. Is LOGic a SAAS offering? I'm not familiar with the software and didn't really spend much time troubleshooting, but it seemed to be using a browser.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2018 12:46:02 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Steve:

Thanks for helping our customer.

If the user and password is incorrect, LOGic should just prompt for it again. To force it to prompt again, exit LOGic. Go to your LOGic install folder, and look for CALLBOOKS.INI. Edit it with NotePad, and delete the [QRZ] section. Or delete the whole file if there is nothing else in there that you care about.

You can test to see if his user and password is correct using any web browser. Paste the following URL into any browser, substituting your call and password:

http://xmldata.qrz.com/xml/current?username=MYCALL;password=mysecretpassword

It should come back with some XML and a session key. If the user or password is wrong, it will tell you.

LOGic 8 is getting a bit dated. I'm not sure if there have been any breaking changes to the QRZ Web Subscription or not. Looking over the specs, I don't see anything.

How does the error appear? Is it coming back from QRZ, or is it in a Windows dialog box, or what? Try running LOGic AS ADMINISTRATOR.

What version of Windows is he using?

LOGic basically has a Visual Foxpro UI and database, and a .NET back-end.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY