logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Paper Size Mismatch! Printing QSLs
KC6X
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:21:56 PM(UTC)
ARSKC6X

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I must be missing something simple.

I am trying to print QSL cards using report MULTIPLE QSO QSL CARDS SINGLE CARD PER FORM. I want to print on the blank side of standard QSL cards.

If I put a 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet and print, it works. It prints the QSL on the bottom left corner of the page. If I put in a 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch (stand postcard) into the printer, I receive "Paper Size Mismatch". The printer is a HP printer. I've attached the error.

What am I doing wrong? I see in the properties an option to change the width. There is nothing to change the height. I tried changing the form from letter to A6. This also produces an error.

I am using LOGic 9.1.30 under Windows 7 Pro x64.

Thanks.
File Attachment(s):
PaperSizeMismatch.jpg (42kb) downloaded 45 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 10:20:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
I've never seen that "error" before. The printers must be getting smarter.

I am not sure why it was set up to print on landscape 8.5x11" either. What a customer wanted lol.

The solution is to modify the report so that it prints on your form. Lasso everything and drag it to the top lefthand corner of the form. You discovered how to change the form width. To change the height, drag the DETAIL bar up and down. I got this started for you. Download the attached.

Another problem is that this is laid out for a 4" form. It won't fit on 3.5". I'll leave it up to you as to what to sacrafice. You can crunch stuff closer together. Another easy option would be to sacrifice a line or two if QSL data. Delete the bottom one or two rows of fields. If you do this, be sure to click on the BEFORE RUN tab, and change the 5 to a 4 or a 3 on the first line.

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
KC6X
#3 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 1:31:18 PM(UTC)
ARSKC6X

Man

Dennis,

I'm sad to say that using the report you created made no difference using postcard stock. If normal letter form is inserted, it prints 2 QSLs instead of 1. Most of the time when you print (outside LOGic), you get a window to print with an option of setting the printer properties and/or canceling first. For example, printing from a browser. You must then select to print. FoxPro/LOGic just prints directly without giving me the option.

Will KC6X
File Attachment(s):
Printer Property.jpg (32kb) downloaded 46 time(s).
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 1:47:11 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)

Quote:

I'm sad to say that using the report you created made no difference using postcard stock. If normal letter form is inserted, it prints 2 QSLs instead of 1.
Right--that's to be expected. There is enough room for two images on an 8.5x11 piece of paper, so that's what it does.

Also, it is still too big to print on 3.5x5.5 forms as I discussed. You need to fix it to fit in 3.5x5.5. Let me know if you need help with that.

When printing, be sure to checkmark the DISPLAY PRINT DIALOG checkbox.

Let me know.

DH
KC6X
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:20:10 PM(UTC)
ARSKC6X

Man

I had the form correct in Report Writer (3.5 x 5.5). HP does not have a postcard-sized form. I discovered the trick. I modified/enlarged the form in Report Writer to 4 x 6. That is a form that does exist in my HP printer. I dragged the elements down a 1/2-inch. The final piece of the puzzle was when you told me about using the Print Dialog box. With that box checked, I had access to the printer layout. I changed the printer layout to 4x6. Now I can print on postcards! ThumpUp

I had to remove the 73, name call from the bottom to make it all fit. I could have reduced the number of QSOs to 4 as you said. I'd rather have 5 available. It's easy to work a station of 5 bands in a DX contest. Laugh I decided to add a 73, name to the right edge on the Confirming QSO line.

Thanks for the help, Dennis.

73, Will
1 user thanked KC6X for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/21/2018(UTC)