logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Logging Mode and Freq
w7gtf
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:03:54 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
For a couple years, I have used TRX-Manager with Logic 9 and my IC-7700. Recently I have not been able to read the frequency from TRX-Manager. I have disconnected Logic from the TRX manager. Now when I am logging a contact and press the tab key, the freq and mode default to LSB and 59 signal report. I understood that when logging and pressing the tab key the program would maintain the previous Freq and Mode. What do I need to change to have this happen so that I don't have to change mode (and signal report) each QSO.
Thanks,

Ron/W7GTF
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 11:09:56 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Ron:

LOGic will retain the previous band and mode, but not frequency. It would be too easy to log the wrong frequency that way. You don't have to do anything to turn that on. Just log a QSO, and it gets band and mode from the last QSO in the log.

You don't need to log the frequency to make a valid QSL.

We need to figure out why the radio interface doesn't work. You can try to connect the rig directly to LOGic.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
w7gtf
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:09:19 PM(UTC)

Man

Dennis I understand about frequency but my point was that when I manually input MODE and BAND (and signal report)and put in a call sign, hit tab then hit +, the contact is logged. However, when inputting the next call sign and hit tab (staying on the same mode and freq), the program defaults to LSB mode and 59 report even thought I am in CW mode which I use the most. So I can't run a string of contacts in a contest without having to correct the mode and band (unless of course I was in LSB)with each contact.

With respect to the TRX manager, I have been using the program successfully several years. Recently I obtained a new Expert 1.3K -FA Solid State Fully automatic Amplifier. I received the CAT cable for the amp to IC-7700 connection as well as a Y cord so that I could connect both TRX-Manager and the Amp to the "remote" input on the 7700. After some fooling around, I had it working fine and reading the frequency for the logic log. Several weeks ago I disconnected all my gear to install a new table to house my gear. Upon setting everything up again, I have not been able to read the frequency with TRX-Manager. Not sure where to look now.

Thanks,Ron/W7GTF
w7gtf
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 1:12:10 PM(UTC)

Man

Dennis,

To add insult to injury, I happened to check with ARRL LOTW a couple days ago as I never seem to download any QSLs from LOTW, even though I have had quite a few QSOs in the last couple months. I found that even though I have uploaded QSOs on a continuous basis, LOTW shows no QSOs or QSLs since Jan 18, 2017. I also found when emailing the ARRL help section that I had downloaded TSQL 2.3 on Jan 19, 2017 when the uploads seemed to stop uploading. I have since downloaded the latest TSQL 2.3.1 (or 2, whatever is latest) Anything that I should look for in LOGIC 9. When I upload QSO's it appears to be working just fine and marking uploaded QSOs as uploaded even though they don't show up at ARRL. Thoughts?

Thanks again,
Ron,W7GTF
W5GA
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:26:19 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
When you download from LoTW, clear the date field so it will download everything.
1 user thanked W5GA for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 9/27/2017(UTC)
w7gtf
#7 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 10:55:21 PM(UTC)

Man

Thank you. I have now figured out that when I updated TSQL in January, I must have done something wrong. I updated again yesterday and looked at my certificates and added a password and now everything is fine. Crazy.

Thanks all,

Ron
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 3:52:53 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Quote:
Dennis I understand about frequency but my point was that when I manually input MODE and BAND (and signal report)and put in a call sign, hit tab then hit +, the contact is logged. However, when inputting the next call sign and hit tab (staying on the same mode and freq), the program defaults to LSB mode and 59 report even thought I am in CW mode which I use the most.
Does the mode change from CW to LSB in the log form when pressing {Tab}?. Go to tools/setup/misc ham setup and make sure all radio interfaces are disabled.

Or does it fill in LSB when pressing + to add the new QSO? If that is the case, perhaps a bogus QSO with a future date/time got entered. Look at the last QSO in the log. It should be displayed when you first open the log form (or when starting LOGic). However, it should still propagate the last-saved mode when entering the second and Nth QSO.

Quote:
Several weeks ago I disconnected all my gear to install a new table to house my gear. Upon setting everything up again, I have not been able to read the frequency with TRX-Manager. Not sure where to look now.
Try connecting your rig directly to LOGic temporarily (Because I know more about the error messages LOGic will throw when it can't talk to the rig hihi). LOGic does some diagnostics on the rig -- an auto loopback and detecting a bad address.

Get with me by telephone if that would be more convenient.
http://www.hosenose.com/remote_support.aspx

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY