logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

E6 - ZK2 Error
K1ESE
#1 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 4:05:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
My QSOS with Niue (now E6, was ZK2) don't show up in the DXCC reports. In the log they are ZK2, which is not in the countries list. E6 is in the countries list but doesn't show anything worked.

Most of my ZK2 QSOs have DXCCSUB: in the comments. All the stations starting ZK2 are also tagged with DXCC of ZK2, again, not on the list.

John K1ESE
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 5:15:56 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi John:

Sorry for the problem.

I suspect that the log still has ZK2 in the DXCC field. Locate one of your Niue records. If my guess is correct, the DXCC field will be blank. Hold the mouse over it to see the actual underlying value. Manually select E6.

If you have a lot of these, MAKE A BACKUP. Go to tools/setup/list of valid values. Locate the DXCC E6 record. Click CHANGE VALUE. Change it to ZK2. Now change it back to E6. Do Awards/update awards progress info.

Let me know!

DH WN4AZY
K1ESE
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 5:12:14 AM(UTC)

I do not understand your instructions. I go to the log form associated with the Mini Log form I am using. All the E6 QSOs are labeled ZK2. Holding the mouse over the ZK2 item does nothing. What form should I be on? Why can't I change ZK2 to E6?

I try the next instruction, tools/setup/list of valid values, and am lost. You left off instructions on how to locate the DXCC E6 record. I am at Field Name ALLBANCDX. The value is "10M 0". Now what?

I have a total of 13 Niue QSOs so manually changing would seem safer if I could get it to work.

John K1ESE
W5GA
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 7:07:04 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Dennis, there is no E6 record in the list of valid values, only ZK2.

John, go to setup/prefix table, do a search for ZK2 (the binocular button again), when that comes up make sure that E6 shows also shows in the prefixes field. If it doesn't, put a comma after ZK2 and add E6 (no spaces). Save and close. Now do awards, update awards progress info. Now when you run a DXCC report you should see it there listed correctly.

73 Doug W5GA
2 users thanked W5GA for this useful post.
K1ESE on 8/12/2017(UTC), WN4AZY on 8/13/2017(UTC)
K1ESE
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 8:15:14 AM(UTC)

Thank you for the quick response to my question.

I first tried SETUP from the LOG dropdown on the MiniLog form. Since I had a E6 QSO in the form, the program showed an error for empty value and the program crashed. Man, the program crashes a lot.

I restarted Logic and then went to the main TOOLS/SETUP/PREFIX form. In the "Call or Prefix" box I put ZK2. It shows DXCC pfx as E6 and Prefixes as ZK2,E6.

I closed the form without making changes and went to AWARDS/UPDATE AWARDS PROGRESS INFO. The result is 123 rejects. None of the rejects is E6 or ZK2. I cannot edit the rejects using the MiniLog form since I don't have DXCC as a visible box. I will try to fix these using the main form.

Ran the DXCC summary report and Niue still missing. Opened the MAIN log form, selected all the E6 QSOs. Manually changed the DXCC from ZK2 to E6 in the DXCC box on the form. Re-ran UPDATE AWARD PROGRESS, same 123 rejects, still no E6 rejects. Re-ran the report - AWARDS/REPORTS/ALL BAND AND MODE SUMMARY/DXCC/(main) and still my DXCC mixed total is one short. But, now in AWARDS/PROGRESS DISPLAY 1 it does show my E6 QSOs for the first time.

But, now I also find the prefix list lacks Sovereign Military Order of Malta - 1A. All my QSOs with that country are rejected. Perhaps that is why my DXCC mixed total is off.

Is the prefix list ever updated? Do I need to do all the editing myself?

Thanks for your help. It feels like progress.

John K1ESE
W5GA
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 4:02:15 PM(UTC)

John, in the prefix table entry for E6, is the "Master for this DXCC" box checked? If not, put a check there and try again. On your error list when you update the awards table, I think you'll find that the majority are errors in the county for domestic QSO's.
K1ESE
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 4:19:59 PM(UTC)

Yup, "Master for this DXCC" was checked. Most of my errors are - wrong itu zone 55 times, 1A not in DXCC list 15 times. Not bad for 88,000+ QSOs
:-)
W5GA
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 10:15:43 PM(UTC)

OK, I'm stumped then....sorry not to be more help. At least the ITU zones is easy to fix.

73 Doug W5GA
WN4AZY
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:07:03 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

The prefix table has nothing to do with awards tracking. ZK2 needs to be changed in tools/setup/list of valid values. Gene's instructions are correct for fixing the prefix table. It just does not address this problem. The factory prefix table already has this change BTW.

Quote:
Why can't I change ZK2 to E6?
You can't change it on the log form because E6 is not in the DXCC list.

Quote:
I do not understand your instructions. I go to the log form associated with the Mini Log form I am using. All the E6 QSOs are labeled ZK2. Holding the mouse over the ZK2 item does nothing. What form should I be on?

Tools/setup/list of valid values.

Locate the DXCC E6 record. Click the binoculars, and enter DXCC for award and ZK2 for value.

Click CHANGE VALUE. Change it to E6. This fixes the log records as well as the ZK2 record in the DXCC list.

Do Awards/update awards progress info.

I doubt this is causing the crashing. Get that .21 update again. I uploaded the fix just before posting this. If the problems continue, give me some details.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K1ESE
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 3:40:41 PM(UTC)

Those instructions were much easier to follow. I did as you said and got the attached error message. Said it was already changed.

Downloaded and installed 9.1.21 again. Ran the report and again Logic says I have 342 mixed DXCC. ARRL says I have 343.

Perhaps the problem is not E6. I also may have a problem with Soverign Order of Malta. My QSOs are 1A prefixes, but I can't find 1A in the drop down list for AWARDS/Progress report 1. If I search on soverign, it shows ZK2 as the prefix. That's not right.

What now, boss?

John K1ESE

File Attachment(s):
Logic 9.1.21 Change Value Error.jpg (25kb) downloaded 50 time(s).
WN4AZY
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 9:32:39 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Quote:
Those instructions were much easier to follow. I did as you said and got the attached error message. Said it was already changed.
It's saying that both ZK2 and E6 are in the DXCC list. You can confirm this by scrolling thru it. SEE BELOW -- I suspect you renamed 1A to ZK2.

Quote:
I also may have a problem with Soverign Order of Malta. My QSOs are 1A prefixes, but I can't find 1A in the drop down list for AWARDS/Progress report 1.

If I search on soverign, it shows ZK2 as the prefix. That's not right.
It sounds like you may have accidentally changed 1A to ZK2 in one of the above steps. It is the first DXCC in the list is why I suspect this. It shows what you are changing and asks for confirmation ("Are you sure you want to change 1A to ZK2?"), but I could still see myself missing that. If what I suspect is what happened, 1A is gone. If that is the case, maybe ZK2 can be changed back to 1A? The description is MALTA, SOVERIGN, and MISC is 246.

If you accidentally merged 1A and AK2/E6, that would explain why you are down one in your count.

I can lot in and probably clean it up pretty quickly.
http://www.hosenose.com/remote_support.aspx 770-307-1496 rings right thru to me. No voice mail. 770-307-1511 has voice mail. Whoever answers may not be able to help you but we can set up a time to get together.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W5GA
#12 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 7:45:19 AM(UTC)

Dennis, I just tried your instructions. Went to list of valid values, selected DXCC, and changed ZK2 to E6. Ran update awards progress. I have QSO's with both ZK2 and E6 stations in my log. After the change, all showed up in the update awards progress exception report. On the main log form, all still had ZK2 showing for DXCC. Tried to change one to E6, no entry found. Now I'm really confused!
wa4pgm
#13 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 9:14:02 AM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I ran into to the same issue but after shutting down LOGic and restarting E6 now shows in the DXCC drop down box on the log window.
1 user thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
W5GA on 8/14/2017(UTC)
K1ESE
#14 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 9:20:58 AM(UTC)

I followed your earlier instructions and changed Malta Soverin from ZK2 to 1A. That worked!

Now my mixed totals agree with ARRL. I am still off on several other bands and modes by one or two in most cases and suspect I can sort those out at some point.

For now, let's say this issue is resolved.

John K1ESE
W5GA
#15 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 11:35:02 PM(UTC)

Yup, shutting the program down and restarting fixed it. Thanks!