logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOGic files and directories
LA8OM
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 6:23:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Questions re. file locations, where some files are found in both the main directory \LOGic and the sub directory \LOGic\logdata (see directory contents here >>> ):
  1. 1) Do small letters or capital letters in file (and directory) names matter? It seems to be applied randomly.
    2) LISTS.DBF appears in both main directory and sub directory. Can I delete it from the main directory, even if it here has the most recent date?
    3) LOGFIELDS.DBF appears in both main directory and sub directory. Can I delete it from the main directory, even if it here has the most recent date?
    4) I assume MODES.DBF should be in the main directory due to its recent date stamp (the file in sub directory is from 2014).

On start-up I get the message "Memo file C:….\LOGic\LOGDATA\Log.FPT is missing or is invalid." It unquestionably is in the directory. If invalid, how can I make it valid? (Choosing Ignore ignores it and no harm is made, so it is not a problem, just curious if I can do away with this recurring message.)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2016 3:43:09 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Quote:
1) Do small letters or capital letters in file (and directory) names matter? It seems to be applied randomly.

No, it does not matter.

Quote:

2) LISTS.DBF appears in both main directory and sub directory. Can I delete it from the main directory, even if it here has the most recent date?
3) LOGFIELDS.DBF appears in both main directory and sub directory. Can I delete it from the main directory, even if it here has the most recent date?
4) I assume MODES.DBF should be in the main directory due to its recent date stamp (the file in sub directory is from 2014).
These should all be in the LOGDATA folder only. Make a backup of the whole LOGic folder just to be safe, then move the files with the latest date into the logdata folder, then delete them from elsewhere. Also move the .CDX files.

Quote:
On start-up I get the message "Memo file C:….\LOGic\LOGDATA\Log.FPT is missing or is invalid." It unquestionably is in the directory. If invalid, how can I make it valid? (Choosing Ignore ignores it and no harm is made, so it is not a problem, just curious if I can do away with this recurring message.)
It probably got corrupted somehow. Zip them up and post them here or email them to me and I'll take a look.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY