logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Adding GRID to log form
W8JY
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:25:07 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I am probably missing something quite obvious, but I can't seem to be able to add a new field to my log form. I can add user defined fields with no problem, but adding an already defined field (GRID) doesn't seem to work.
When I go into setup, adding new log fields, I select GRID. Then when I hit the + button to add the new field, it blanks out the field - adding the word GRID again tells me that it can't be a user defined field because it already exists.
It has been years since I added anything but user defined fields, so I have tried to use the manuals. It tells me to go to the user defined field form - however GRID does not appear on that form>
This is probably the usual operator error problem - I have a lot of experience with that.

The new update process is fantastic. Thank you again for all your work, Dennis.

Jess, W8JY
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W5GA
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:43:24 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
I think you're going to have to tell us what it is you're trying to accomplish. I don't think anyone is going to understand why you want to add a field for something that already exists.
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:51:08 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Jess,

You can ONLY add "user defined fields" to the systems list of available log fields. One cannot add to the list of "factory defined fields".

GRID already exists as a "factory defined field".

If you want to add a factory defined field to your log form, open the log form and "unlock" the logform, then click on the "dust bin" to see a list of factory fields that are hidden. Unhide the one you want to see on the logform. Note that the label for the field, is separate from the actual field itself.

Search the Help file for "Log Form Layout Customization" to find additional details.
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
W8JY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 10:20:17 AM(UTC)

Man

I obviously have more problems than I realized. Now every attempt causes LOGic to lock up, and the last time I re-booted, it came up with user numbers for some fields that I had named. So, looks like I have a bit of troublehooting to do and possibly a re-installation. Thanks for the help.
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:09:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
There is a video on user-defined fields here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa0zkvCSokE

But as everyone points out, GRID is not user-defined. If it is not showing, it could have been hidden and you need to merely unhide it. Click the padlock button so the hasp is open, and click the trash can icon that appears. Unhide fldGrid and lblGrid. Drag to where you want them on the form.

I wouldn't do a reinstall at this point. Chances are that replacing the main log form will fix it. Go to the LOGic install folder (usually c:\program files )x86)\LOGic. Then go into the logdata folder, then logforms. Delete or rename main.logform. Reinstall the latest update. This will get back the factory main log form. Download it before you delete main.logform (Click "Retain..."), or run the UPDATER command to do it outside of LOGic. The default form has the GRID field showing.

Call me at 770-307-1496 and I can log in thru Team Viewer and take a look.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W8JY
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 2:28:25 PM(UTC)

Man

Thanks to everyone who replied. No problem once I deleted the main log form and re-installed the latest update. Thanks, Dennis - LOGic is now running smoothly again!