logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOTW Upload Failure. Download no Problem.................
K2WH
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 8:00:36 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Lately I cannot upload to LOTW and get an error (erroneous) that the qso's I am trying to upload are already uploaded which they are not. I select to allow duplicates and then get an upload failure. If I elect to reject duplicates I also get an upload failure.

I can download no problem. I don't know where the error page is being generated. I don't know if it is a Logic error window or a LOTW error window. I saved an image of the error but I do not know how to attach it here.

Bill
K2WH
File Attachment(s):
Presentation1.jpg (134kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 5:16:59 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

The messages are coming from TQSL provided by ARRL.

LOGic created an ADIF file for you, passed it to TQSL for encryption and security signing, creating a TQS8 file for upload to LOTW. TQSL seems to be resfusing to create the TQ8 file for these 6 QSOs - LOGic has not yet actually tried to upload the file.

You should examine the 6 QSOs to be uploaded in LOGic, and also check the same 6 QSOs on LOTW by logging into LOTW and using the "MY QSOs" panel.

See what you can work out by comparing the two?

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
K2WH
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 8:24:11 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: vk4iu Go to Quoted Post
G'Day,

The messages are coming from TQSL provided by ARRL.

LOGic created an ADIF file for you, passed it to TQSL for encryption and security signing, creating a TQS8 file for upload to LOTW. TQSL seems to be resfusing to create the TQ8 file for these 6 QSOs - LOGic has not yet actually tried to upload the file.

You should examine the 6 QSOs to be uploaded in LOGic, and also check the same 6 QSOs on LOTW by logging into LOTW and using the "MY QSOs" panel.

See what you can work out by comparing the two?

Well, I have done that and what I find is my QSO's are on LOTW (I don't understand how since it tells me the uploads are failing), but are not being checked as uploaded in Logic, I have to do that manually. If I manually check them as "F", and then try to upload new QSO's, it does recognize the QSO's I manually checked as already uploaded and wants to upload the QSO's that are not currently on LOTW but the upload fails. At least that is the msg I receive.

In other words, I think the problem may be LOTW is not checking the QSO's as uploaded because Logic is getting an upload failure and Logic does not check them as uploaded automatically. I hope I am making some sense here.

K2WH
vk4iu
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 11:14:48 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

... keep in mind it is your log, that you need to keep an eye on. LOGIc has no control over Microsoft or ARRL LOTW. Changes they make may create issues LOGic cannot deal with, and you need to take action with your log.

LOGic will show you what QSOs are about to be uploaded - is it what you expected?

The error message from TQSL is saying they are duplicates, you don't have to upload them again - so why check allow duplicates?

All you need to do is mark them sent to LOTW - for six just thick the box for each QSO. For more than six, use Tools, Advanced Database commands.

Peter VK4IU
K2WH
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 12:08:17 PM(UTC)

... keep in mind it is your log, that you need to keep an eye on. LOGIc has no control over Microsoft or ARRL LOTW. Changes they make may create issues LOGic cannot deal with, and you need to take action with your log.

LOGic will show you what QSOs are about to be uploaded - is it what you expected?

The error message from TQSL is saying they are duplicates, you don't have to upload them again - so why check allow duplicates?

All you need to do is mark them sent to LOTW - for six just thick the box for each QSO. For more than six, use Tools, Advanced Database commands.

Well, here's an update. It seems that even though I am getting an upload failure, the upload is successful. I tried uploading a single new contact last night, got the upload failure msg. Checked LOTW this morning and the new upload QSO is there.

So, here is what is different. First, Logic used to mark the upload "Y". It no longer does that I have to do it manually. Second, I am getting the upload fail when it is actually not failing.

So, do I have an issue with Logic?

K2WH
vk4iu
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 3:32:18 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

... no you don't have a problem with LOGic.

But, yet again, Dennis will need to look at the information being returned from TQSL/ARRL LOTW to see why "failed" is being signalled back to LOGic, instead of "success".

There could be many reasons, including a bug in LOGic.

From where you and I are sitting, it is impossible to tell anything.

As always, it pays to understand and keep an eye on what is happening with ones log, rather than assume anything. Learning to operate the LOTW process manually, is a good thing to be doing.

The CQWW is easy, every QSO is flagged with the contest id.

Peter VK4IU
N5XZ
#7 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 9:44:02 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I am also getting the same error message, even though I have confirmed that the QSOs are getting uploaded to LoTW. The LoTW upload box does not get checked and every time I do an upload, it adds those that were actually previously uploaded.

Looks like something may have changed with LoTW.
73, Allen N5XZ
W5RAE
#8 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 10:01:09 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Since I update to version 71 I have not had any issues with either LOTW or eQSL uploads or downloads. All work just as smooth as before.

I do not use DX Summit I use W3LPL DX Cluster so no issues there either even though DX Summit did make some changes last week.

Ron
W5RAE
K2WH
#9 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 1:14:58 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: W5RAE Go to Quoted Post
Since I update to version 71 I have not had any issues with either LOTW or eQSL uploads or downloads. All work just as smooth as before.

I do not use DX Summit I use W3LPL DX Cluster so no issues there either even though DX Summit did make some changes last week.

Ron
W5RAE

Well just so I am clear, I am using Logic8 Ver. 8.0.104. What is version 71????

K2WH
vk4iu
#10 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 3:33:53 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

... LOGic 9 version 71.

Updates for LOGic 8 ceased almost 2 years ago.

Peter VK4IU
K2WH
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:07:22 AM(UTC)

... LOGic 9 version 71.

Updates for LOGic 8 ceased almost 2 years ago.

Well, I know that. Does that mean Logic8 (the company) no longer supplies technical support?

K2WH
vk4iu
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 4:02:37 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

... Dennis is a very generous individual. He probably will provide "unpaid technical support" by way of verbal advice.

But, in this case, it seems the changes made at LOTW will require changes in the LOGic 8 code, and he may be reluctant to double his work load to do the work twice and figure out what the code changes need to be for LOGic 8.

The meagre amounts of money we pay for LOGic does not support an army of people - Dennis is "the company".

Peter VK4IU
K2WH
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 5:26:48 PM(UTC)

... Dennis is a very generous individual. He probably will provide "unpaid technical support" by way of verbal advice.

But, in this case, it seems the changes made at LOTW will require changes in the LOGic 8 code, and he may be reluctant to double his work load to do the work twice and figure out what the code changes need to be for LOGic 8.

The meagre amounts of money we pay for LOGic does not support an army of people - Dennis is "the company".

Well then I guess I need to upgrade to Logic9. Hope that solves the problem.

K2WH