logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

User defined fields
NW3U
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 2:08:42 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have created a user defined filed called route, type character and created a list table for it. Everything looks ok. I have added it to my main log form. It's there and the drop down list works. However, it doesn't show up in the "list all user defined fields used in log" and I'm not sure why. Any ideas? Also can that field be added to a report. I don't see it in the expression builder fields box.

Dave, NW3U
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 5:54:42 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

You actually have to use it. Enter one QSO and fill this field out, then it should work. The utility is a simple thing that looks at the data. It doesn't look at your setup.

Merry Christmas & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 6:56:22 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Dave,

You actually have to use the field before it will be in your log. The factory log field USERFIELDS, in every QSO in your log, is scanned to see which "user fields" have been used. It is a good way to look for errors in USERFIELDS, particularly if you edit the fields by hand. Look for names found only in 1 QSO or names that look misspelt or are unknown to you. Editing USERFIELDS by hand is not a good idea.

There are functions to read, edit, and update user fields in a QSO. In Help, look in Advanced, Expressions and Functions. Also Tools, Advanced, Database commands has special facilities for editing user defined fields. Look in Database Files, Mass Change.

You will not find "user defined fields" in the Expression Builder. User fields are a special facility in LOGic and unknown to the generic Foxpro tools. In a report, you need to use a LOGic function to extract the user defined field from the log text field USERFIELDS in each QSO. Like this ...

GETUSERFIELD("JCG:")

or the older format ...

TAG_VAL("JCG:",USERFIELDS)

There is a lot of material on the forum on user defined fields. Search for "user fields"

Use Forms, All Log Forms, and load the special USERFIELDS log form, to see what is happening with your user defined fields.

You may also find these reports useful.

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
1 user thanked vk4iu for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 12/24/2013(UTC)
NW3U
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 6:41:23 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks guys. I think I've got it figured out. Happy New Year.

Dave