logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

v10.0.13 Visual Fox Pro Framework Provider 2 - warning/error
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2023 11:15:39 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Installed v10.0.13 and still getting a Visual Fox Pro Framework Provider 2 "Unsuccessful application reconfiguration" error status 1638.

Had this on 10.0.11 and 10.0.12 as well. Windows doesn't pop-up any errors nor was there any during install. This shows up under Control Panel/System and Security/Security and Maintenance/Reliability Monitor.

Not sure if others are seeing this as well but just want to be sure its not a ticking timebomb.Confused

Thanks,

73, Brad K8ZM
File Attachment(s):
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2023 8:39:46 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Thanks for educating me. I didn't even know that gizmo was there.

I reinstalled LOGic and got the same error.

It isn't anything to worry about. We attempt to uninstall version 2.0.4, and install 2.0.6 of the Entity Framework Provider. We have had 2.0.6 for some time now, so I guess 2.0.4 was uninstalled long ago. I suspect it is throwing the warning since the 2.0.4 is not there to uninstall.

These packages were downloaded from GetHub and sent to the customer without change. Thousands of people are using it without issue. And note that it is just a "warning", not a "critical error".

FYI, I had three "critical errors" today. The Microsoft Windows operating system stopped working. And a HARDWARE ERROR. And Microsoft Sharepoint stopped working. I have noticed no problems at all. I didn't even know I was running sharepoint.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 1/23/2023(UTC)
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2023 9:03:21 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
I suspected they were not serious. I never paid much attention to Control Panel and the Performance Monitor until a month or 2 ago. I see a couple warnings a week and maybe one hardware error that "caused windows to stop working"....of course it never did. Not sure what to make of it actually but think I will go back to just watching the Windows Event Viewer. Most of the Control Panel warnings I cant find anywhere in the event log, so, I'm stumped anyways. Everything works and windows isn't throwing errors so WooooHoooo !!

Thanks Dennis for looking !!

73, Brad K8ZM