logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Problem with latest upgrade 10.0.11
N5XZ
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2023 6:01:09 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Dennis,

Just before installing the latest upgrade, I was having a problem logging new contacts. I then installed 10.0.11 and there is a slight improvement, but the problem still persists, but not always:

Upon logging a QSO, the Log window gets filled but not the browser window... I am not 100% sure what to call each window since you gave them both the same name: Log -- MAIN.

Sometimes the Browser window fills in after a second or two, sometimes not. If not, I then get an error message, which I click to ignore and all is ok. This takes considerable time, however. See attachments.

Please advise. Thanks, 73 and HNY.
File Attachment(s):
20230101-1.PNG (41kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
20230101-2.PNG (10kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
73, Allen N5XZ
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2023 10:34:39 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Quote:
I am not 100% sure what to call each window since you gave them both the same name: Log -- MAIN.
👍Right -- they are both part of the log form. The spreadsheet window is the browser window. The other is the log data entry window. MAIN is the name of that particular logging window pair. There is also MINI, or you could make your own, and there are a bunch of contest log forms as well.

Quote:
Upon logging a QSO, the Log window gets filled but not the browser window.

That error message is a mystery. LOGic is trying to navigate to http://localhost:10001/session/1640ba4.... I am not sure what feature would be doing this. Is the 1640ba4... part always the same? I can't find "localhost" anywhere in my code, so it must be something configurable. Are you running a local webcluster or telnet or anything like that?

You mention that "the log window gets filled out." Filled out with what? A callbook lookup? What callbook are you using?

Tnx & 73, happy new year,

Dennis WN4AZY

N5XZ
#3 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2023 3:07:35 AM(UTC)

Dennis,

Please see attached error message with a new QSO. This time it said http://localhost:10004/session/6b30cafbca...

I am monitoring k7ar.net:7300 via telnet. I will change to another cluster just to see if that makes a difference.

The Log -- Main gets filled out with all information, including the callsign of the station worked. All information also shows up in the browser window EXCEPT the callsign. Then there is a delay (probably the 60 seconds noted in the error message) before the error message shows up. After I click on ignore, the callsign shows up in the browser window. During the delay, I get the error message: "This action cannot be completed..." if I click anywhere in the program.

Note: this does not happen with every QSO. Sometimes there is about a 2-5 second delay which is also not something I have seen before. It appears that anytime there is a callsign that has not been previously entered into the log, I get the delay and error message.

I am using QRZ Subscription which is up to date.

I closed the Telnet window with no change.

I closed the Spotlog with no change.

I am using Google Chrome Version 108.0.5359.125 (Official Build) (64-bit). Chromedriver108.exe is installed.

As mentioned before, this started BEFORE I installed the latest LOGic update and have installed it twice, which also resulted in rebooting the computer each time.

Most of the time I do not see these errors using WSJT-X, only when manually entering a new QSO. However, I have noticed that a new QRZ page is being opened (and stays open) every time I log a QSO which says "Chrome is being controlled by automated test software". This window opens on top of my LOGic screen sometimes.

Update: After all that testing and typing, I may have solved the problem, but it was something I never had to do before: I had to log in to the QRZ.com window that I mentioned above which says "Chrome is being controlled by automated test software". After doing that I no longer get the error messages, however there is still a bit of a delay before the browser window is updated...which may be attributable to the slow d/l speeds I am currently getting with my super old POS (that is Point of Sale) computer...
File Attachment(s):
20230101-3.PNG (14kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
20230101-3.PNG (14kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
73, Allen N5XZ
N5XZ
#4 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2023 9:21:10 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: N5XZ Go to Quoted Post

Update: After all that testing and typing, I may have solved the problem, but it was something I never had to do before: I had to log in to the QRZ.com window that I mentioned above which says "Chrome is being controlled by automated test software". After doing that I no longer get the error messages, however there is still a bit of a delay before the browser window is updated...which may be attributable to the slow d/l speeds I am currently getting with my super old POS (that is Point of Sale) computer...

Seems I spoke too soon. This just happened again...need your help Dennis...
73, Allen N5XZ
N5XZ
#5 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2023 10:39:35 AM(UTC)

Restarted LOGic, now new error messages:
File Attachment(s):
20230102-1.PNG (8kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
20230102-2.PNG (9kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
20230102-3.PNG (7kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
20230102-4.PNG (8kb) downloaded 21 time(s).
20230102-5.PNG (8kb) downloaded 23 time(s).
20230102-6.PNG (12kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
20230102-6.PNG (12kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
73, Allen N5XZ
W5GA
#6 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2023 5:23:29 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
In the callbook lookup window, where you see the others guys address and so on, do you have that configured for QRZ XML lookup? In that window, click setup, you will see a selection for QRZ Subscription, it needs to have yes there, and needs to NOT say "disabled". On the callbook lookup window, there is a check box for QRZ. Uncheck it.

73 Doug W5GA
N5XZ
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2023 2:49:29 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: W5GA Go to Quoted Post
In the callbook lookup window, where you see the others guys address and so on, do you have that configured for QRZ XML lookup? In that window, click setup, you will see a selection for QRZ Subscription, it needs to have yes there, and needs to NOT say "disabled". On the callbook lookup window, there is a check box for QRZ. Uncheck it.

73 Doug W5GA

I tried that with no change.

The last time I tried to log something I got many error messages, finally the computer completely locked up. Now LOGic is hosed. I'm waiting for a callback from Dennis.
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2023 4:04:46 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Thanks for your call.

It is strange that the browser and webdriver are in play when using the QRZ XML Subcription, and QRZ.COM lookup or the QRZ checkbox are not enabled.

We are not using any browser to access the QRZ XML Subscription. The only exception is if there is an error from the XML Subcription, it is displayed in the little browser in the Callbook window. But this should not use WebDriver.

Please do this test of your QRZ Subscription account. Go to any browser, and navigate to

Quote:
http://xmldata.qrz.com/xml/current?username=yourusername;password=yourpassword

substituting your user and password.

You should get something like this back:

<QRZDatabase xmlns="http://xmldata.qrz.com" version="1.36">
<Session>
<Key>b2bdf0a93b9b450d922479b3cf01458b</Key>
<Count>175488</Count>
<SubExp>Thu Feb 23 00:00:00 2023</SubExp>
<GMTime>Wed Jan 4 20:58:44 2023</GMTime>
<Remark>cpu: 0.091s</Remark>
</Session>
</QRZDatabase>

I can log in to your computer and take a look.
https://www.hosenose.com/remote_support.aspx

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY