logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Logic crashes when trying to export log to ADIF
ke4uw
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2022 8:53:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Every time I try to export the Logic log to ADIF file (to upload to Clublog), I see the Export window that allows you to enter selection criteria (or blank to export all). When I click on OK to export all, the windows explorer window comes up to enter a file name, but within a second or two Logic crashes.

I've used this function many times before. The only thing I have done recently with Logic is to update the version to the latest version 10.0.5.

I'm using Windows 10. I have successfully exported log data many times since moving to Windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave KE4UW
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2022 2:56:48 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Sorry for the problem. Is there an error message? If so pse fwd.

If you get me your log.dbf and log.fpt, and logfields.dbf (in c:\program files (x86)\logic\logdata) I can run it here. Zip them up and it might be small enough to email. Or upload here.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
ke4uw
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2022 6:37:26 AM(UTC)

Dennis,
There is no error message. Logic just crashes/closes. When run again, logic give the error message that Logic wasn't closed properly.

I did discover something else--if the Telnet window is open, Logic crashes when I try to export--a couple seconds after opening the folder to select a file name to export to. If the Telnet window is not open, I can successfully export. I have no idea why that should make any difference, but it does.

I found the same problem when trying to change the rotor control background from default to the map. If the Telnet window is open, Logic crashes as soon as I open the tmp directory in Logic. If the Telnet form is not open, I can then open the tmp directory and select the map .PNG file.

Dave KE4UW
1 user thanked ke4uw for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 4/3/2022(UTC)
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 3:10:04 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Sorry, but I was unable to repeat this. Using 10.0.5.

Does the Telnet window need to be connected to something, or is merely being open enough to cause it to crash?

Hopefully there is an error in the Windows Event Viewer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwluv1NmWLw

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

ke4uw
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 7:31:44 PM(UTC)

Dennis,
With the Telnet window open, and connected to dxc.kn4f.net, and the spot log open, and the rotor control window, and the world map open, I have the problem every time. Seems like closing one or more of the windows sometimes keeps it from crashing. Maybe it has something to do with how many windows are open.

On my setup, the spotlog, telnet window, world map, and rotor control are separate windows I can drag away from the main logic window and put on a different monitor.
1 user thanked ke4uw for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 4/9/2022(UTC)