logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Not able to enter QSLSDATE on some records
WD4ASP
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2022 1:16:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Dennis.

I have encountered a strange problem with updating a user field, QSLSDATE. I'm using Logic 10 but the About Logic window indicates Version 9.21.2.

I was bulk updating the field, QSLSDATE, in a number of previous contacts and found that while most of them were updated correctly there were some that weren't. 374 were updated but there were 170 more that should have been but weren't.

I brought a number of them up in the main log window and tried to manually enter a date in that field. When I tried to save it the field returned to being blank.

I did find if I created a new entry for one that was having the problem I could enter that field successfully.
I'm wondering if there is something corrupted in the records that are having the problem since creating a new entry works. There could be other records that have this same problem but because they did not meet the select criteria they didn't show up indicating they had this same type of issue.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Hopefully there is an automated way to fix any of these records having this problem.

Thanks,

Fred
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2022 12:21:25 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Fred:

Quote:
I have encountered a strange problem with updating a user field, QSLSDATE. I'm using Logic 10 but the About Logic window indicates Version 9.21.2.
For some reason, LOGic 10 has not been installed. Click Help/Check for Updates and update to the latest 10.0.4. If it says your subscription has expired and you have renewed within the last year, you need to install the update referenced in your email, then attempt to update to 10.0.4 again.

As for why your current version isn't working, click forms/log and open the USERFIELDS log form. That will show the raw userfield data. My guess is that the userfields space is all used up. This has been doubled in 10. The mass updater currently does not use the new expanded space. However, I have enhanced that and it will be in 10.0.5 due out this week.

Let me know.

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY
WD4ASP
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 6:24:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Dennis,

As to LOGic 10. Help had indicated that my subscription was expired and so I renewed it on Jan 24, 2022. I ran ... 6508.exe. When it completed the Logic Setup Wizard had the "Launch Logic 9" box checked. After Logic finished initializing I went to Help and tried to update to 10.0.4. It displayed the following error: "This program requires Windows Service Pack 1 or later." I'm running Windows 10 Version 21H2.

I am confused that if the user space is used up, why can I create a new record and be able to update the QSLSDATE field. No worries if the space is going to be increased in the next release. But does that mean that the records that won't update now will be updatable?

Thanks,

Fred
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 3:24:00 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Quote:
I am confused that if the user space is used up, why can I create a new record and be able to update the QSLSDATE field.
A new record will likely have fewer fields in it than a record that has been around a while. Just speculation.

Quote:
But does that mean that the records that won't update now will be updatable?
Yes, assuming my theory about running out of space is correct.

Tnx/73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 4:01:21 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

I fixed the bulk updater in 10.0.5, available now. It will now utilize the expanded userfield space. Please give that a try.

BTW, in REPLACE WITH enter the date in this format: {^2022-02-15}

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY