logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Hamlib
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 5:35:24 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Does LOGic use Hamlib or a variant for rig control ??

Curious as there are a few issues I'm trying to work out with Win4Icom and the issues may be related to Hamlib.

Thanks,

Brad, N8GLS

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 9:23:47 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

No, it uses custom in-house code.

I think that FLDigi uses Hamlib, which LOGic supports. There may be someone here who can help you. Possibly me. If you want to post the details, feel free.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 12:18:43 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

This was a minor thing I discovered a few weeks ago with Win4IcomSuites. It creates an error log when CI-V commands are not understood by Win4Icom. The developer had looked at what was going on and suspected Hamlib, also asked if LOGic used Hamlib as some of the errors were generated after changing mode or filters in LOGic. He investigated and made a few changes in the last release but it still generates some errors. After running WSJT-X with Win4Icom with LOGic and then trying different combinations I found that with WSJT-X and Win4Icom running (NOT LOGic), errors were also being generated, thus his Hamlib thinking. Running LOGic with Win4IcomSuites and only when changing filter widths from LOGic were any errors produced, if running WSJT-X, Win4IcomSuites and LOGic then any mode or filter change from WSJT-X or LOGic would generate errors, also closing WSJT-X created an error.

These "errors" are appended in a single file called Size8-Errors.log that sits in the users documents directory, there are no Windows Event Log errors produced or other visual indication they are occurring, you would only know they are there by knowing about the error log. Even though the errors are being generated the function still occurs, so everything "works" in both directions whether initiated from WSJT-X or LOGic or the rig. If your really curious I can forward the email I sent Tom, I just cut-n-pasted the last few errors directly into the email.

I run multiple instances of WSJT-X and Win4IcomSuites so the errors are created for each instance (rig). It may be WSJT-X is the issue as this seemed to have started last Nov v2.2.2 was released and included the Hamlib addition of the 9700. I dont recall it occuring in v2.2.1. Why more errors get generated if LOGic was running with WSJT-X as compared to LOGic just running with Win4IcomSuites is puzzling to me and again was the reason to ask about Hamlib.

Sorry for the long story. Short story is, everything works, but errors get written daily for some reason, even though they are passed to/from the rig(s).

It was suggested to use OmniRig but it doesn't have enough "rigs" for all the instances I have working. You may have a copy of my software diagram but I attached a quick pic of a more up-to-date version...

Brad, N8GLS

File Attachment(s):
SoftwareDiagram-20210204.png (445kb) downloaded 40 time(s).