logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

"Enter Prefix" *sometimes* does not work in INFO window
N5XZ
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2021 6:08:51 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I have found recently that *sometimes* I cannot enter a prefix into the "Enter Prefix" box in the Info window. After clicking "Select by Name", the "Enter Prefix" box then works. I don't know in what update this started.
73, Allen N5XZ
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 8:26:15 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

I played around with it and could not reproduce the problem. What key are you pressing after entering the callsign? {Tab} and {Enter} both work.

Tnx/73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N5XZ
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 8:59:01 AM(UTC)

When I move my mouse there, I cannot enter anything. There is no curser there. If I click in the "Select by Name" box then I can enter something into the "Enter Prefix" box. It is as if that window is not active until I click in the "Select by Name" box. I have not tried clicking anywhere else. Note that prior to doing this, I am in the logging window.
File Attachment(s):
20210105 Enter Prefix.PNG (16kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 4:19:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok I see what is going on. The window you wish to enter data in must be the active window. So if the log form is active, simply holding the mouse over it will not allow you to type anything. Click in the Enter Prefix field. Then you can type.

You could also click anywhere else in the form. But if the text cursor was in Name field before you last deactivated the Info form, it will return there unless you click the Enter Prefix field.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N5XZ
#5 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 10:59:35 PM(UTC)

As I mentioned before, the problem is intermittent and sometimes when I click in the "Enter Prefix" field it does not work. I have to click in the "Select by Name" field first, then I can click in the "Enter Prefix" field and enter the prefix.

While we are on the subject on the "Info" window, could you add some rotor control buttons for Short Path and Long Path adjacent to the "To" fields? Sure would be helpful.

Thanks,
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 8:18:14 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Quote:
... then I can click in the "Enter Prefix" field and enter the prefix.
Do you always press {Enter} or {Tab} after entering the prefix? Either should work. If it happens again, try both {Tab} and {Enter}. I played with it some more and can't get it to fail.

Quote:
While we are on the subject on the "Info" window, could you add some rotor control buttons for Short Path and Long Path adjacent to the "To" fields? Sure would be helpful.
Great idea. I am surprised I haven't done it already. {Alt-S} and {Alt-L} should work in the meantime.

Tnx/73,

DH
N5XZ
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2021 11:28:30 PM(UTC)

[quote=WN4AZY;10624]
Quote:
... then I can click in the "Enter Prefix" field and enter the prefix.
Do you always press {Enter} or {Tab} after entering the prefix? Either should work. If it happens again, try both {Tab} and {Enter}. I played with it some more and can't get it to fail.

I'll try to explain it again: "Sometimes" when I click inside of the "Enter Prefix" field, I do not even get a cursor and therefore cannot enter the prefix at all. My workaround is to click in the "Select by Name" field, at which time I see the entire window "flash" for lack of a better term, and then I can click in the "Enter Prefix" field to get a cursor which then allows me to enter whatever prefix I need to. I did find at that point that either pressing Enter or Tab will work.

This is an intermittent problem and at least I have found an easy workaround so the function is useful.

ON the rotor control function, I did not know about <alt> S and <alt> L. I will have to try it. Thanks,
Another user suggested at one time to allow use of the Set rig and rotor control function(s) while WSJT is running and the CAT interface is turned off. Is that a possible feature we can look forward to seeing? Currently, when I have WSJT running, and click on Set rig, S or L in the Spot Log window, nothing happens because I have turned off the radio and rotor interfaces.

Another issue with the "Info" window is that clicking on "NOAA" results in a "Can't find this page" [http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/OKBK.html] Maybe the link has changed.

That is all for now.
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#8 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2021 11:30:54 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Quote:
I'll try to explain it again: "Sometimes" when I click inside of the "Enter Prefix" field, I do not even get a cursor and therefore cannot enter the prefix at all.

Thanks for your persistence in explaining it to me 🙂.

Ok, so clicking inside the Enter Prefix field does not activate the window. Does clicking elsewhere in the info window - i.e. the title bar or gray area activate it?

Tnx/73,

DH
N5XZ
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2021 7:01:40 AM(UTC)

I'll let you know next time the problem occurs.
73, Allen N5XZ
1 user thanked N5XZ for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 1/18/2021(UTC)