logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Downloading from LOTW
ei8gs
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 2:55:00 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I updated from 9.20.8 to 9.20.11 the other evening and since I cannot download QSL matches from LOTW, there seems to be no problem in uploading, When I click on Import directly from the Wed it just sits there and nothing happens I have waited well over 20 minutes the program is just frozen when I go to close it down it says Logic is not responding, I have to go into taskmanager and end program from there..
I have re-installed the update to no avail... uploads fine but no download.... I can go directly to LOTW and all works fine... I am using Win 10

Looking for help urgently
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 7:55:16 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

I am not aware of any problems with LOGic.

Does OPEN LOTW SITE IN BROWSER work?

You can backgrade to 9.20.8 to see if it is indeed a version-related problem or if something else broke in the meantime.

You can right-click the IMPORT DIRECTLY FROM WEB button to get the URL that it used to try to download the ADIF file. It is put in the clipboard so you can paste it in a browser to test it. The problem is that you have to attempt to download using IMPORT DIRECTLY FROM WEB before right-clicking will work. I don't know if right-clicking will work while it is trying to download. Perhaps yank the CAT5 cable or turn off WiFi to generate an error, then try.

In the meantime, you can download the ADIF file manually from the LoTW web site, and import it using IMPORT LOTW ADIF QSL FILE FROM DISK.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
ei8gs on 10/12/2020(UTC)
wa4pgm
#4 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2020 7:03:18 AM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
FWIW I updated to 9.20.11 this morning and was able to Export and Import to/from LoTW with no issues.
1 user thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 10/13/2020(UTC)
ei8gs
#3 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2020 9:02:44 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Hi--

I am not aware of any problems with LOGic.

Does OPEN LOTW SITE IN BROWSER work?

You can backgrade to 9.20.8 to see if it is indeed a version-related problem or if something else broke in the meantime.

You can right-click the IMPORT DIRECTLY FROM WEB button to get the URL that it used to try to download the ADIF file. It is put in the clipboard so you can paste it in a browser to test it. The problem is that you have to attempt to download using IMPORT DIRECTLY FROM WEB before right-clicking will work. I don't know if right-clicking will work while it is trying to download. Perhaps yank the CAT5 cable or turn off WiFi to generate an error, then try.

In the meantime, you can download the ADIF file manually from the LoTW web site, and import it using IMPORT LOTW ADIF QSL FILE FROM DISK.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

Hello Denis, hope you are keeping well and safe, I backdated to 9.20.8 the uploading again is fine but when I go to download it now says ....The remote server returned an error (503) server unavailable.... this happens attempting to download after successfully uploading...when attempting to download without uploading the program again freezes..... no response when right clicking Import directly from the web...
after attempting to download

Sorry for the hassle Denis and thanks again

Regards Jim EI8GS
File Attachment(s):
Screenshot 2020-10-12 145924.jpg (121kb) downloaded 49 time(s).
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 5:08:12 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Sorry I missed this. I just had a call from someone else who was having the same problem, and was searching here for a solution and found this.

It turns out that the problem is with the ARRL. The 503 error is a giveaway, but here is how you can prove to the ARRL that they have a problem. After you get the error, get the URL by right-clicking the IMPORT DIRECTLY FROM WEB button as described above.

Close LOGic, and paste the URL in any web browser. Your browser SHOULD download an ADIF file. But in this case you will get a 503 error with more detail than LOGic gives.

Please contact the ARRL. You can get their email address here. http://www.arrl.org/contact-arrl Look under Logbook of the World.

Send them a copy of the URL and the response.

It seems to be account-related. I tried the URL trick with my login on both my computer and my customer's. They both worked. His URL would not work on either my machine or his.

We did not email the ARRL because it started working again.

If you CC me on the email, I can call them and follow up.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY