logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOGic only logging 4 of 6 grid square characters
K1VC
#1 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 5:06:06 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Hello,

Is anyone else seeing having this issue with 9.20.7? When you log a QSO, LOGic is only importing 4 of the 6 grid square characters.

When I go to Log > Setup > Callbook

I have:

Auto callbook lookup? YES

Automatically log Names and other optional QSO info (is checked)
* Log grid square (is checked)
* Log QTH (is checked)
* Log USA Country (is checked)
* Automatically log address (is checked)

Thank you,
Vin, 73
K1VC
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
wa4pgm
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 6:41:04 AM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I am not a user of the callbook lookup. Are 6 character grids shown in the Callbook? Which callbook are you using?
K1VC
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 8:17:09 PM(UTC)

I have it setup to look up calls via QRZ and yes, when I log a QSO, it shows the 6 character grid square.

I've had LOGic setup this way for a year or so and it just started doing this within the last 4 or 5 upgrades.
wa4pgm
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2020 5:57:34 AM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Are you able to view the 6 character grids already logged?
Size of field changed? Could be a bug introduced too.
K1VC
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2020 6:12:27 PM(UTC)

Size of field has not changed. I've been entering the missing 2 characters manually for quite some time.

Are you able to view the 6 character grids already logged? Not sure what that means?

I'm running the latest WSJT-X and logged 6 QSO's this afternoon and had to enter the last 2 characters manually on both US and DX QSO's.

W8JY
#6 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 9:37:23 AM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
The problem began for me when I upgraded to WSJT v2.2. It logged all 6 digits prior to that, but dropped to 4 with the upgrade. It seems that WSJT is the problem.

Jess, W8JY
K1VC
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 5:24:26 PM(UTC)

I just logged a few QSO's in SSB and CW and LOGic logged all 6 grid characters. When I log a QSO with WSJT v2.2, it only logs 4 grid characters.

I think you're right Jess, must be WSJT only grabbing the first 4 grid characters.

To see which version of WSJT changed that, I should try to go back a few versions, that might be my next test BigGrin
1 user thanked K1VC for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 7/23/2020(UTC)
K8ZM
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:27:13 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Vin,

Were you able to see when this was working ?? I went back through all my adi logfiles from WSJT-X for the last year I have no logged QSO entry from WSJT-X that included the full grid locator of 6 characters. When the WSJT-X log window pops up it has never displayed more than the 4 character grid square that I can ever remember. LOGic would then read that adi entry of 4-charracters, so are you importing the 6 character locator from a callbook look-up ??

Brad, N8GLS
K1VC
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:22:12 AM(UTC)

Hi Brad,

I haven't been be to work on this further due to work obligations. I don't recall WJST ever logging more than 4 grid characters in its logging window but I do recall LOGic logging all 6 characters.

I think something in WJST changed after version 2.0. I logged a few QSO's last week in SSB an CW and LOGic showed all 6 grid characters from the callbook look-up but when I logged an FT8 QSO with WJST, LOGic only pulled in 4 characters.

When I have time, I need to work my way back from WJST v2.2.2 and see where the issue stops.

Vin, 73
K1VC
K8ZM
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:24:17 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Ok Vin,

No problem. I was curious as to how you were getting the 6 character locator logged from WSJT-X if it only captures a 4 character grid square. I don't think WSJT-X is the issue as LOGic will log a 6 character grid locator if "available" from some source (Callbook, LoTW Import, etc). With regard to WSJT-X, its exporting to its adi file the 4-character grid square, LOGic reads that adi file and 4 character grid square and logs it as such. I think the issue is that there needs to be a source for the full locator, its not WSJT-X so has to come from somewhere. If Callbook lookup is the source for the full 6-character locator then I guess the question is if LOGic grabs that data and writes it to the logfile. Maybe Dennis can chime in on if any logfields get populated if Callbook lookup is enabled and your logging from WSJT-X. Could be its not, or maybe it does but only if the field was empty.

Hope "work" eventually affords you some play time !!

73 de Brad, N8GLS