logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Logic9 Backup Log missing ITUZ, CONT, and IOTA # under Windows 8
AB6QM
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 1:15:36 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

After compiling Logic9 under Windows 8, I have discovered the backup log is missing ITUZ, CONT, and IOTA# fields from new log entries. Is this just me?
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 9:39:22 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi--

What do you mean by "compiling LOGic"?

How did you determine that ITUZ, CONT, and IOTA are missing?

All three are all user-defined fields. Are the other user-defined fields getting backed up and restored OK?

I doubt that the fields are actually missing. Maybe they are not displayed on the log form for some reason. Use the USERFIELDS log form so you can see exactly what is in the USERFIELDS container.

Make sure you have the latest update which is 8.0.58.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
AB6QM
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:50:44 PM(UTC)

With Windows 8, I tried the Windows utility "run programs made for previous versions of windows" and the "Program Compatibility Troubleshooter". Then I ran Logic9 and Logic9 says "Object file .... logic9.exe was compiled in a different version of FoxPro". This is where I got the term "compile".

The situation is complex ... PC "A" is running Windows and Logic9 and PC "B" is running Windows 7 with Logic8. Backing up the Logic9 log and loading it onto PC "B" is when I get the missing data fields.

Since going to Windows 8, I've done several Windows updates and several Logic9 updates including completely uninstalling Logic9 and reinstalling it from the CD and bringing all the updates to the current version. Seeing the missing data in PC "B", I will not risk loading the backup log into Logic9 on PC "A". This is where I've inquired if anyone has had this missing data problem under a simpler situation. On PC "B" I tried the USERDATA form and the data is in the "User Fields" box , but not the data fields.
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 4:21:36 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Ok don't run in compatibility mode. See here:

http://hosenose.com/Foru...r-runs-very-slowly.aspx

LOGic 9 user-defined field data is not compatible with LOGic 8. You can go from 8 to 9, but not 9 to 8. (You could use ADIF of course, but just transferring the data via Logic's backup or copying/importing the log.dbf, no).

Why not simplify things by installing LOGic 9 on the Win 7 machine -- in other words, all machines? LOGic 9 is licensed for unlimited installs by you and your immediate family :-)

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
AB6QM on 8/30/2013(UTC)
AB6QM
#5 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 7:17:06 PM(UTC)

Installing Logic9 on my other PC is ideal; I just didn't know about your generous license ! 73, happy user, Mel AB6QM