logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Starting Logic - Add user FLL library at startup
vk4iu
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:46:03 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Dennis,

Feel free to say that the following is not something you would have me do. There may be alternatives already in Logic, that I am not aware of. I am aware of the "pattern match" filter, but it would seem to be limited to "*" and "?". My addition of the FLL may interfere with some plans you have for the future.

I have found a Foxpro FLL library to perform a "regular expression" on a piece of text. See Foxpro FLL for Regular Expression matching - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

It gives one the ability to filter like this ....

REGEXP(ALLTRIM(CALL),"VK[345][A-Z]{2}")

... and in my log it finds all VK3, VK4, and VK5 two letter call signs - all 123 of them. The regular expression syntax seems to be based on that for PERL.

Currently I load this FLL by running a "Miscellaneous utilitiy" than has one line of code ...

SET LIBRARY TO "regexp.fll" ADDITIVE

... the FLL being in the main Logic folder.

I have successfully run the "test" programs in the documents above. Logic carried on, no problems. I have been using the FLL call in my filtering, and again, so far, I have seen no problems.

I can see what I can do, but I want to clear it with you before I commit any more time to it. It can see it becoming pervasive in my system.

Also, if you see no real problems, what mechanism is available to me to add the "SET LIBARY ADDITIVE" to the startup of Logic - rather than manually run the Miscellaneous utility from the menu each and every time I load Logic.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:58:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi--

This is perfectly cool to do -- won't hurt a thing. I like people using the open architecture of LOGic!

To load the library automatically, make a text file named anything with a .prg extension in the UPDATES folder inside the install folder.
Put your command in this text file. It will run when LOGic starts. You could even add a line

WAIT WINDOW "My REGEXP FLL loaded" NOWAIT

Not applicable here, but FYI, if you have a file name ending in _RUNONCE.PRG, it will run once then delete itself. We use it for our updates sometimes.

BTW, LOGic uses regular expressions extensively -- for prefix lookup starting with the 9.0.48 release, and has used them forever for procesing spots -- extracting IOTA and things like that. It uses VBSCRIPT.REGEXP library which comes with Windows.

Also, want to add that .FLL is a special DLL for FoxPro. Foxpro can also call regular DLLs written in conventional or .Net code. Look in the ASSEMBLY folder. It can also call system DLLs provided with the .net framework or Windows directly.

DH
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:42:26 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
... thanks for that Dennis.

I use VBSCRIPT.REGEXP in VBA code in Microsoft Outlook. I parse DX Bulletins as they arrive as emails, creating personal calendars and "alarms" for myself, and saving the emails in a form suitable for VE3NEAs Bulletin Reader.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.