logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Filter Question
NW3U
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:01:08 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have added a field to the main log form called DIRECT that is a logical field. The data base contains 152 records, 5 have true and 147 false in the DIRECT field. I go into the report menu and pick address labels 3-across no duplicates.

If I run the report as is with the default filter QSL_Sent = "R" it prints 3 records. On the run report options screen I click on the filter and click on clear then enter the value "n" in the (user)DIRECT field, and click on the count matching records which returns 147 which is correct.

I close the filter and the criteria displays NOT TAG_VAL("DIRECT:", USERFIELDS, "L"). I select print and it only prints 8 records. I go back to the filter clear it and enter "y" in the field value for (user) DIRECT field click on count and it counts 5 records which is also correct. I close the filter and the criteria is TAG_VAL("DIRECT:", USERFIELDS, "L") select run and it prints three records.

What am I missing?

Dave, NW#U
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:44:34 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi Dave:

Ok, so how many labels are you expecting? Five? What are the callsigns of these five labels?

I think the key issue here is that this report is designed to print only one label per callsign. So if two of the 5 labels were the same station, it would only print 4 labels.

I checked it out to make sure that it works with user-defined fields, and it appears to. However, out of 147 QSOs with No for DIRECT I would expect more than 8 labels. So we may have a problem.

Let me know the answers to my questions and I will take it from there.

If you want go ahead and upload a copy of your log backup here or email it to me so I will have that if I need it.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
NW3U
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:38:13 PM(UTC)

Dennis, thanks for looking at this. A backup of my db is attached. Yes ther should be 5, W9OO, HB30OK, KN8I, KK4EOG and NW3U. Interestingly using the filter I created it prints KN8I, KK4EOG and NW3U it prints the same three using the default QSL_SENT = "R" filter. The QSL_Sent field value in the five are in order F,F,R,blank,blank. Hope this helps. I should have mentioned that the log entries were imported from CommCat then the fields were added to the form. It appears thst new records may work correctly. I'm going to clear all entries from log form and reimport the log entries from the CommCat adi file into the db with the fields already defined. Well No Joy with all log entries having False (f) in the field the report only finds 4 records that match. I should also mention that using the filter from the main log form works correctly. Thanks again.

Dave, NW3U
File Attachment(s):
LOGBACKUP5.zip (19kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:52:03 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Quote:
If I run the report as is with the default filter QSL_Sent = "R" it prints 3 records.

I get 4.

Maybe the problem is simple -- at least part of it. TM6MM and EG8LP (which have QSL_SENT set to R) do not have addresses on file. This is an ADDRESS report, so it automatically skips QSOs with no address on file. W9OO which you are expecting to print by virtue of having DIRECT checked also has no address.

I will add these stations' addresses and test further.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
NW3U
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:44:40 PM(UTC)

Dennis; I believe you're right. I missed this. I withdraw the the issue. No need you spending any more time on this. If I discover any other issues I'll start a new topic.

73's

Dave NW3U
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:03:34 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, no problem. I'll leave this up for a while.

DH