logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Callbook - batch update
vk4iu
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 9:26:44 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Dennis,

My main activity is contesting. After each contest I import the N1MM log into Logic, upload/download to LOTW and eQSL, and do a Callbook batch update for the contest just completed. When I am DXing, I use Logic itself.

All works well, no problems, except for a minor irritation with the QRZ subscription data.

I have noted your previous comments about advertising in the Callbook web pages.

I wonder if something can be done about the following ....

In some contests I work over 1000 contacts. The process usually works OK - but, too often, stops on a call sign waiting for a last remaining item on the web page from QRZ - which never arrives and I have to CANCEL the dialogue.

If I repeat the process, the same call sign usually halts the processing again. So, now, I usually adjust the selection criteria adding "NOT CALL="XXX" and reprocess, and if I am lucky, the batch update proceeds to the end. If I am unlucky, the CALL phrase can have four or five call signs.

Many on QRZ have quite extensive web pages, with a lot of images, and detail, etc etc. I am happy to wait for it all to download - but prefer not to wait "forever".

The QRZ data is sitting in the Callbook panel ready for use, if ever the web page would complete its download.

Is a "timeout" possible, or is the code waiting for a "return" from the browser panel, and oblivious to the delay? A timeout of the order of minutes would be acceptable. I accept that you don't want to stop the web page downloading.

My lookup order is ...

QRZ Subscription
HamQTH
Univ AR @ Little Rock (Comprehensive)
FCC (Comprehensive)
... other minor sites

... is there something I do not understand about Callbook Batch Update, or can a timeout be implemented.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 12:46:47 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
I'm not sure if it would be possible to put a timeout here or not. Can you give me an example call that takes so long to test with?

Have you tried turning off Bio and Picture in the Callbooks form Setup button?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 3:08:40 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

W7IV, after the BARTG-SPRINT, was the latest one that prompted by request. But today it seems OK - the batch update for that call worked first time.

I think the whole issue is Internet related. Given the "stalling" repeats on the same call sign, if I repeat the batch update. I am inclided to think it is related to QRZ, or some "proxy" between me and QRZ.

Right now I am repeating the 1715 qsos with NAME="", and will post those that "block", if any, for me today.

No, I have not tried turning off BIO, Pictures. When DXing I do look at their page. BIO OFF is probably what I need when I do the batch update.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.