logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Saving Changes Issue
K1ESE
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:13:06 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
As I am new to LOGic, I have these options selected -

"Confirm saving changes to modified records" and
"Confirm saving new records"

If I click on "+" for a new record, enter a callsign, and press tab, the new record shows in the log. If I then click on the disk icon to enter the record, I get the pop up message box "Save Changes?". I hit YES and all is well.

However, if it hit NO it deletes the whole record! Perhaps I clicked on the disk icon but then saw that I spelled the fellow's name wrong. I click on NO expecting to go back to the record to make the correction and instead the whole QSO is lost.

Is there a way to avoid this?

73 de K1ESE
John
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:09:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Well, it's working as designed. It's asking if you want to confirm the save of a new record, and you say NO, it isn't going to save it. Just click Yes, then fix the error.

I'd just turn off CONFIRM SAVING NEW RECORDS. If you do accidentally save a new record that you didn't mean to, it is trivial to delete it.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K1ESE
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:07:41 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Dennis -

Yes, turning off CONFIRM SAVING NEW but leaving on CONFIRM CHANGES does the trick. I had had a problem with accidentally overwriting information on a saved QSO and thought that if I just had to confirm everything I would be safe. Instead, I managed to find a way to lose data.

Many thanks for the help.

73 de K1ESE
John

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Well, it's working as designed. It's asking if you want to confirm the save of a new record, and you say NO, it isn't going to save it. Just click Yes, then fix the error.

I'd just turn off CONFIRM SAVING NEW RECORDS. If you do accidentally save a new record that you didn't mean to, it is trivial to delete it.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY