logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Install Data Questions
K1ESE
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:48:00 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hello -

I am new to Logic 9 and coming from DXLab. Most things are going fine, but I have a few early issues.

Importing the DXKeeper log was a problem since many of the QSOs showed "V" for QSL Received. "V" indicates the ARRL has Verified (given credit) for the QSO towards DXCC. In a backup copy of my old log I changed from "V" to "C" (for confirm) in DXKeeper and the second attempt at import went well.

But now, how do I enter my 1934 DXCC credits into Logic so that I will know which new QSOs to sumbit in the future?

I have 108 Amtor QSOs which have a DXKeeper mode label of "TOR". How do I do a mass change in Logic to change the mode to the Logic value of "AMTOR"?

For an award in my CW club I need to filter out the QSOs that run 20 minutes or longer. In DXKeeper the SQL expression was -

DateDiff ("n", QSO_BEGIN,QSO_END)>=20

What filter expression would I use in Logic?

I am sure I am really going to enjoy Logic, and that I will have more questions.

73 de K1ESE
John
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:53:57 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi John:

Thanks for your note & welcome to the forum.

1. LOGic looks for a tag in the comment field -- DXCCSUB: for DXCC. Tell me what format the DXKeeper import data is in. ADIF? I would import the native QSL Rcvd to a user-defined field. We could then use tools/advanced/database commands to populate LOGIc's QSL_RCVD and DXCCSUB status.

Tools/setup/log fields allow you to map anything to anything when importing ADIF. So create a user-defined field named MYQSLRCVD and import to that. Let me know when you get that far and I'll advise. Tell me all statuses and meanings and I'll send you the script.

2. Go to tools/advanced/database commands. Type

USE LOG
REPLACE MODE WITH "AMTOR" FOR MODE="TOR "

3. TIMEDIFM(TIME_ON, TIME_OFF)>=20

or better yet to handle the possibility of empty time_offs, do this:

NOT EMPTY(TIME_OFF) AND TIMEDIFM(TIME_ON, TIME_OFF)>=20

FYI blank times are treated as 0000. Seconds if any are ignored. If this is a problem I can add a TIMEDIFS() to consider seconds and return seconds. A 12-hour maximum time difference is assumed. timedifm("0100", "2300") returns -120.

Let me know if any other questions. Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY
K1ESE
#3 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 5:26:17 AM(UTC)

Dennis -

Thank you for the help! Here's my progress:

Item #1
I got as far as Tools/Setup/Log Fields and went to the ADIF tab. But, I couldn't get the 1010# out of the first text box. You will have to walk me through re-mapping.

There are two fields to re-map - QSL_Rcvd for paper credits and APP_DXKeeper_LotW_QSL_RCVD for LotW credits.

DXKeeper has seven possible entries for each of those items - blank (no card sent), R (requested), Y (confirmed but not credited), S (submitted to ARRL), V (verified by ARRL), I (ignore), X (expired). I have no outstanding submissions, so it is only the V that needs to be dealt with for those two fields.

Item #2
That worked great. I was expecting a pop up to say it was done or how many records were changed, but a check of the log showed TOR was gone and AMTOR was there.

Item #3
That worked great. I added some SQL to also filter for the current month. Is there a way to save the expression inside Logic? I did save it as text in a notepad file. That expression is gold.

Again, thanks for the help!

73 de K1ESE
John
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:54:34 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Quote:
I got as far as Tools/Setup/Log Fields and went to the ADIF tab. But, I couldn't get the 1010# out of the first text box.

Ok, you were trying to edit the 1010 field. You need to add a new record for a new field. The Log Fields form works like the log form and the rest of the forms in LOGic.

But no matter.

Is the APP_DXKeeper_LotW_QSL_RCVD field totally independent from QSL_RCVD? If you have a QSO with LoTW confirmation only, is QSL RCVD blank? Tell ya what, pse just send me your ADIF file (zip and post here, or email to me) and I'll import it for you. Sorry I have been out and away a lot.

#2, yeah, Database Commands is just a simple hook into the VFP engine, and won't give any results unless you typed in a command to do so. If you screw something up it will throw an error, but otherwise you get nothing.

? _TALLY

will print the number of records acted on by the last replace or SQL command.

#3, you are tracking an award, right? It sounds like a job for SubAwards.

For example, QRP DXCC, you just enter an expression PWR <= 5 for a subaward in the DXCC record in Tools/Setup/Log Fields. Now you can track QRP DXCC as easily as regular DXCC.

Post a link to the award in question or tell me abt it and I can advise.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K1ESE
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:26:33 AM(UTC)

Dennis -

Thank you for your offer to import my log. I appreciate the help.

I am sending my log in a separate email with this note.

In the past few days I have -

- Discovered the "APP_DXKeeper_LotW_QSL_RCVD " ADIF field does not exist in my log, but "LOTW_QSL_RCVD" does exist.

- "QSL_RCVD" and "LOTW_QSL_RCVD" are independent, but a "V" in either indicated the QSO is credited by ARRL.

- I figured out how to add the user fields "MYQSLRCVD" and "MYLOTWRCVD". I mapped them to DXKeeper's ADIF fields of "QSL_RCVD" and "LOTW_QSL_RCVD", but the user fields are blank after import.

After you fix the old log, is there a way to get rid of the unneeded user fields "MYQSLRCVD" and "MYLOTWRCVD"?

Using "Update awards progress info" came up with lots of errors. Many were for awards that I was not interested in. I disabled those awards and went from 298 errors to 38 errors. I have not figured out how to change the ARRL section for my QSOs with KC0GT from "EFL" to something acceptable (14 errors) or how to change the DXCC number for QSOs that report "0 not in the DXCC list". There are 20 of those that are either /MM or /AM. I need to make those -MM and -AM, I think. The final errors are for deleted or odd countries.

I am enjoying using LOGic and will, no doubt, have additional questions as I move on to contesting. I did do a LotW upload and download successfully.

Many thanks!
73 de K1ESE
John
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:11:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for sending the data. I got it OK.

Quote:
After you fix the old log, is there a way to get rid of the unneeded user fields "MYQSLRCVD" and "MYLOTWRCVD"?

Yes. I will do it but to answer your question, you go to tools/advanced/database commands. Type:

USE LOG

Using the menus in this form, go to Database files/Mass Change/Replace User-defined Field Contents. Select the field you want to kill from the dropdown. The REPLACE WITH expression is an empty string:

""

Quote:
Using "Update awards progress info" came up with lots of errors. Many were for awards that I was not interested in. I disabled those awards and went from 298 errors to 38 errors. I have not figured out how to change the ARRL section for my QSOs with KC0GT from "EFL" to something acceptable (14 errors)

Hold off making any changes until I get the data back to you of course, but to answer your questions:

Just click the GO TO button (brings up the offending QSO in the log window) and change the ARRL SECTION to the proper value. It will APPEAR blank since the value is not in the database. But hold the mouse over it to see the hover text. Select the proper ARRL section, or select (NONE) if unknown.

If there is no ARRL SECT on the log screen, click the waiterman button to show the fields menu and enable it.

Quote:
or how to change the DXCC number for QSOs that report "0 not in the DXCC list".

Same deal as for ARRL SECT.

Quote:
There are 20 of those that are either /MM or /AM. I need to make those -MM and -AM, I think. The final errors are for deleted or odd countries.

Correct on -MM etc. Deleted countries do count and should not be a problem per se. I'll run it here and see what is going on.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:42:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, got your data imported and it looks pretty good. I emailed it to you. Save to c:\ then go to tools/backup restore and restore it.

First a clarification. You asked if I would remove MYQSLRCVD and MYLOTWRCVD from your log. I described how to to do this assuming it got imported. However, ADIF fields are by default not imported. They must be defined in tools/setup/log fields. So they were never imported to begin with and it is not an issue.

I removed the zeros from DXCC. This was caused by several ADIF tags in your data that look like this:
<DXCC:1>0

Same for bad IOTAs:
<IOTA:2>EU

I changed TOR to AMTOR.

So the bulk of the remaining errors are about 250 US counties that are spelled or abbreviated differently that we do it (and I think our list is correct according to the XML file that comes with ARRL's TQSL program. If you don't track counties, don't worry about them. If you do care, then just fix manually at your liesure.

There are a few ARRL sections. Same thing.

Let me know if any questions. Look it over and let me know if you see any other issues.

73 & happy new year,

Dennis WN4AZY