logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Printing envelopes error
N7IP
#1 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2024 2:47:52 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 22 post(s)
When I try to print using the standard "envelope #10" report, after hitting the print button I get a window to open a table/dbf file. This is a new error. The report worked fine in the past.

Bob, N7IP
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W5GA
#2 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2024 9:19:41 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Originally Posted by: N7IP Go to Quoted Post
When I try to print using the standard "envelope #10" report, after hitting the print button I get a window to open a table/dbf file. This is a new error. The report worked fine in the past.

Bob, N7IP

Do a clean and try again.

73 Doug W5GA
73 Doug W5GA
N7IP
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2024 1:01:11 PM(UTC)

I did a clean prior to this posting. Even re-installing logic didn't fix it. Something is corrupted that isn't replaced by the install files.

Bob
K8ZM
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2024 11:05:21 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 166 post(s)
Hi Bob,

Is it just the envelope report that pops up the file explorer window ? Also, are you outputting to screen (which launches FoxyPreviewer) then closing FoxyPreviewer and trying to output to a printer in LOGics printer dialog box ?

A couple of us are having issues with LOGic popping up a file explorer window looking for some dbf file. In my case I can output to a printer from LOGics printer dialog box only one time without any issue but any subsequent attempt to print results in the file explorer window pop-up. What works so far is to preview the report and print the report from within FoxyPreviewer then close out of LOGics printer dialog box, i.e., dont print to a printer from LOGics printer dialog box.

Brad, K8ZM
N7IP
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2024 11:38:08 AM(UTC)

The error also happens when printing QSL cards and my own version on the envelope printing form. I mentioned the standard envelope form just to eliminate the possibility that my form was the culprit.

I'm not printing to screen--just printing to the printer.

I find that the error doesn't happen every time I print. But once it starts, there is no way to get around it.

Bob
K8ZM
#6 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2024 7:44:56 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Gee Bob, thats a wierd one. Maybe try to preview it first then print from within Foxypreviewer. It might help Dennis to know if that works. I almost wish Dennis could just let FoxyPreviewer do all the work and dump LOGics printer dialog box althgether.

I did find that if you keep hitting the escape key when that window pops up it will eventually close....BUT....it takes hundreds of escape key hits before it finally does and sometimes even that doesnt work. Your sort of forced to hard close LOGic then re-launch.

My issue is way more consistent, the randomness of what your experiencing makes it harder to solve.

Brad
W5GA
#7 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2024 12:46:13 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Interesting, Brad. I see this when running more than 2 or 3 reports (doesn't matter which), not when printing. It always requires a clean/restart of the report writer. Do another couple, same thing happens again. It gets tiresome having to continually stop and run clean all the time.

73 Doug W5GA
73 Doug W5GA
K8ZM
#8 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2024 10:46:46 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Hi Bob, hope all is well !

OK so, when your "running" the report your "previewing" the report via "print to screen". Previewing the report launches FoxyPreviewer, so if your "previewing" reports are you saying you get a file explorer window pop-up after running 2 or 3 reports ??

Brad
N7IP
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2024 12:24:34 PM(UTC)

Hi. I'm not printing to screen, just printing to a printer. Often the first try works, such as printing to my QSL cards. Then the second printing, such as envelopes, results in the window asking me to pick a DBF file in the logic program folder.

Bob
K8ZM
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2024 10:57:28 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Bob,

Ok, so try ALWAYS printing to screen first THEN print to your printer from the Report Previewer and it won't pop-up that file explorer window looking for a DBF file, plus you won't have to hard close LOGic and relaunch anymore. Basically, I ONLY print from the Previewer now to avoid the DBF issue. Attached is a pic of what I do.....give it a try. I can print multiple reports in succession without any issues this way.

Doug, you should try it as well.

Brad
File Attachment(s):
Issue-20240917-DBF workaround.png (89kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
N7IP
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2024 7:02:25 PM(UTC)

Thanks Brad. See the attached pic. That's what I get when I try to print a QSL card using the print to screen. When I click YES, it gives me the DBF open screen.

Bob
File Attachment(s):
logic print error.pdf (535kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
WN4AZY
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2024 4:51:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 495 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Sorry for being absent.

I can't reproduce it here. I assume everyone is using the latest version?

Try modifying the report and turning off AUTO RUN in Defaults and Description. It works for me either way, but if you get the error, you will have a better idea where in the process it is happening.

Also, try closing all other windows before running the report.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7IP
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2024 8:32:59 PM(UTC)

Dennis, auto run is not checked on my forms. FYI, the OPEN window pops up after I hit PRINT. No change when all the windows are closed.

Bob
1 user thanked N7IP for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 10/2/2024(UTC)