logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Dup downloads from eQSL
ka5swc
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 10:03:04 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but on my last two downloads from eQSL, it seems to have created dup QSOs that are not "exactly" the same. For example, in the attached doc file, I have a contact with N5GIT in FT8 mode, on 80M @ 05:04:30Z, his RST is +00 and his report to me is +13. When I download later from eQSL, I see N5GIT in FT8 mode, on 80M @ 05:04: Z (notice the seconds are missing). The eQSL acknowledgment is now part the log with the missing seconds which was part of the download and not part of the original entry I made. I have emailed the folks at eQSL and they say that the ADI file looks good on their end. But I have numerous dups on my end now with only the seconds missing from the time stamp. Has anyone else encountered this and how did you fix your log, short of having to go through the whole thing fixing this?

Thanks,
John/KA5SWC
File Attachment(s):
N5GIT.doc (394kb) downloaded 21 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2023 7:37:41 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Normally downloading EQSL or LoTW QSL's don't add anything to the log. Unless you click the button that says "Add QSOs not found in log." It is normally not a good idea to do that unless you have lost your log and need to recover. There is actually a button for LoTW to do this.

Tools/misc utilities has a DELETE DUPLICATE QSOs option, with the option to ignore seconds. That should take care if it. Do a backup first!

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY