logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

GREEN Color Coding in Call Column in Spot Log
N4iQ
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:56:32 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi - I am using LOGic 9 (I love it!) - and have a question about the spot log. I had a 15M spot come up for 7O6T and it showed up colored GREEN under the call column. Value and Band columns did not show up in red as was the case for the other bands for 7O6T. I checked under SETUP -BAND and looked at the spotting settings and they were the same as for the other bands (1 and 2 for DXCC). "Process spot" for this band is checked and "disable this band" is not checked. I tried "test" in OPTIONS could never get the 7O6T to show up properly on 15M no matter what 15M segment is used. I checked to see if I have accidentally marked 7O as being confirmed on 15M and did not have any comfirmations marked. Wonder what a call showing in GREEN means? I looked in the help file and it does not mention anything about a GREEN color coding in the call column. Mystery - but I am sure it is something I am doing. Can anyone clue me in? Thanks much - Bill N4iQ
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 9:59:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, the green means that you have worked that band and mode already. It is in help, under DX SPOTTING. I just searched on

green

Quote:
LOGic logs the number of days ago that the station being spotted was worked on the same band and mode. It is interesting to browse this column and see who you have worked before, and how long ago. You may set the Days Ago option to prevent reworking the same station on the same band and mode. In the example pictured here, if the same station has been worked within the past 90 days on the same band and mode, it will not be shown as needed. If Show All is checkmarked, the spot will show in the spot log just like a spot that is not needed for anything, except that the callsign will be highlighted in green. This makes it easy to see that the station has already been worked recently on this band and mode.

Band and mode woould not show up as red if the station has been worked on that band or mode. This can get out of whack, and can be fixed by doing Update Awards Progress Info. From Help:

Quote:
Update Awards Progress Info

LOGic maintains internal progress tallies automatically. However, there are cases when the progress tallies may become inaccurate:

When you import data.

When you change valid bands or modes setup, or enable or disable bands.

When you erase a QSO from the log, and that QSO was the only one counting towards awards progress for an entity for which it is needed.

When you change QSL Received to a less-desirable status. For example, from Fulfilled to something else, and that QSO was the only QSO with that status for an entity for which it is needed.

When you change the LoTW Acceptance status for an award.

This example will clarify: Suppose you accidentally log a QSO with Guam. LOGic tallies progress for that QSO. But now you erase the QSO. LOGic doesn't know whether or not to remove your progress for Guam without scanning the whole log to make sure there are no other QSOs that will count for Guam. This would take some time, and is not something you would want to wait for while operating, necessating retallying the awards progress.

Update Awards Progress also permits you to tally only selected operators in a multi-operator log, or omit WAS tallying before a specified date if you have moved since starting your log.

Tnx & 73,

DH