logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Spot Log updates cause logging delays
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 5:14:42 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
The Spot Log when it updates/refreshes with new spots causes a delay in logging a new QSO. Trying to get back into contest mode and while logging multiple QSO's today I had many qso's seemingly "hang" (after hitting Tab) until the spot log finished downloading new spots. Is there any way to give logging priority ?? The issue is once you hit tab in the logform and it happens to coincide with the spot log refreshing you have to wait before you can finish entering any additional data in the logform, i.e., enter new call, hit tab, "wait for spot log" to refresh and then you can enter signal report, name, etc.. Happened about 10 times out of 15 qso's today. Seems the spot log download process gets priority and you have to wait till it finishes. I suppose one can increase the download interval but seems weird to have to do that after so many years of it being barely noticeable. Seems the last 2 yrs its progressively occurring more often.

Just wondering.....

Brad, K8ZM

Edit 2021Oct12: Note also that the cursor will jump to the beginning of the field after the spot log downloads new spots. I was in the comment field adding a note to existing text in the field and when I looked up at the logform the text I added to the end of the line was actually at the beginning of the line. I seem to remember posting similar issues last year while operating in a contest. The cursor would jump to the beginning of the field ahead of what ever text was in the field. So say you were entering call N8GLS but weren't clear on the LS so you entered N8G till the station repeated their call, you then type LS thinking it will be at the end but the cursor jumped to the beginning of the field so it entered LSN8G, I remember as well LOGic treated a few as busted calls, that brought up another window for entering the busted call completely messing up the initial qso. Memory is slow but YIKES this is coming back to me now...thanks for any help. I'll try to do a YouTube video and post the link here.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!