logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Updating data from QRZ
IK0CHU
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 10:02:43 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)

Hi Dennis,
I wanted to inform you that for QRZ.com users who enter their data with the American style as CITY, STATE ZIPCODE the Logic populates the STATE field if the abbreviation of the province actually corresponds to an American State even if the DXCC of the HAM is different from "K".
Some examples of OUTSIDE USA calls that use this technique in data: PD3AL, YC1LCD, IU0OPT, EA5BCO.
Could it be possible, in the Callbook batch update phase, to filter with a true or false "K" condition to avoid updating an inconsistent data that must then be deleted?
I am using version 9.21.5 daily and I have noticed some things but before telling you I would like to be sure of the continuity of events in particular conditions.
Thank you.
73's Mauro IKØCHU
IKØCHU Mauro
1 user thanked IK0CHU for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 7/21/2021(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 10:38:00 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Thanks for letting me know about the problem with Callbook Batch Update. I fixed it. Please download .5 again.

http://distribution.hose.../LOGicUpdate_9.21.5.exe

Quote:
I am using version 9.21.5 daily and I have noticed some things but before telling you I would like to be sure of the continuity of events in particular conditions.
OK, thanks. Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 11:22:50 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
FYI...Still getting the vcruntime error attached.

73 de Brad, N8GLS
File Attachment(s):
vcruntimeerror140.png (13kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 3:21:09 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

I made another attempt at fixing that. What I did was have it not try to install unless the file is missing. Before, it would try to install newer versions. My guess is that something else is using it. Still, it should still install, requiring a reboot. Anyway, I think this will work.

I uploaded the change in .5, along with some prefix table changes for VE Provinces LB & NF.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 7/26/2021(UTC)
K8ZM
#5 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 8:41:41 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Install went fine, no more vcruntime error.

Thanks as always !

Still running at least 16 hrs continuous everyday and no stability issues at all !! Still playing with other "stuff" I don't usually run so will have a few comments in a couple days but all very good thus far. Haven't seen any follow-up posts from Mauro as yet so curious what he reports.

73, Brad N8GLS

1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 7/26/2021(UTC)
IK0CHU
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 4:58:19 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,
I apologize for the absence but in this period I do not have much time for Logic or even for the radio since I have not had any antennas on the pylon for months. I only have a resonant wire dipole in 40 meters that I also use in 15 meters and it also resonates to me in 50 mhz. Actually I am very confused because in the phase of importing ADIF file I have some blocks with some Calls and I have to resume the QRZ update. Some times after the import, with or without a flag for the membership option, the Logic crashes. I also waited 20 minutes but then I closed the execution, blocked, with CTRL-ALT-DEL and restarted with the program. It has regularly reindexed the data and everything ok including the data I had imported with the ADIF. I don't understand why this happens. I attach to the message my last file transferred to ADIF where there are 167 qso's and there are also two CALLS that make me block the update from QRZ. I don't remember if both are Russian calls. I would ask you, as soon as you have time, to try it too and see if the problem is reproduced.
However, consider that .5 is regularly installed in my system and I am currently using it and everything else I regularly use seems to be fine except this particular one that I would like to understand what the reason may be.
I thank you for everything.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
File Attachment(s):
wsjtx_log2.zip (4kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

IKØCHU Mauro
WN4AZY on 8/2/2021(UTC)
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 4:11:33 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Mauro:

There is an ADIF file attached to your last post, but no error messages or screen shots. Are you running Callbook Batch Update?

I can run it here. Are you using QRZ.COM or QRZ Subscription?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#8 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 4:37:13 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

I let QRZ.COM run. It did 100 records, then started saying I exceeded my daily limit. No errors tho. I will try the rest tomorrow.
IK0CHU
#9 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 5:12:16 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,
yes I running Callbook Batch Update with Do County and Do Grid Square filters. I have QRZ Subscription setting in CallBook Setup (see screenshot) and I haven't limits on Qrz data request.
I tried to make a video of operation but results too big file. I have no more data to transfer now and at the next time I will try again to produce a little one hihi.
Let me know what happens with the rest, thanks in advance.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot1087.jpg (38kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

IKØCHU Mauro
IK0CHU
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2021 11:14:58 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,
I made two videos containing the weight of the files, but still large for transmission. The first 18Mb and the second 22Mb.
Do you think that with WeTransfer I can send them to you? If you give me an email to send the link to we could try.
The first file is the update procedure via adif which has not finished and I was forced to restart with the Logic for the reidicization of the data and everything is finished ok.
The second is the update from QRZ and this time everything went well but I don't know if it was possible because there were few QSOs.
I await your permission to transfer these videos if you think they will be of any help to you.
Thank you
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
WN4AZY
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2021 8:13:55 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sure, you can email the link to the email address on our home page http://www.hosenose.com.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#12 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2021 9:22:09 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I did some experimenting with Callbook Batch Update, and got an OLE error after doing several records. It would repeat for every time I told it to continue. I had to cancel and start over.

I dug into the code, and the error is coming from QRZ's server. Unfortunately I did not record the error when I got it. I have rerun it several times, and have been unable to repeat the error.

I got the videos. I have only watched one. It didn't show any error messages, just LOGic locking up. I will review them and post more details later.

Meanwhile, I am pretty sure there is nothing I can do. If anyone gets an error, please send it to me.

I did some work on the callbook batch update. It now shows progress, permits you to change throttling while active, and some other stuff. Please download 9.21.5 again.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
IK0CHU on 8/9/2021(UTC)
IK0CHU
#13 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2021 6:37:36 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,
I am attaching some screenshots with errors that I had on July 30, 2021 and in fact I have not communicated to you because it happened to me once and then it did not repeat. Now if it helps you to remember if your mistake was the same.
Tonight I installed the .5 update and I am sending you the errors it gave me. I forced to go ahead some errors repeated and then the program started but I noticed that it opened all windows except the callbook. I opened it manually, I closed the program and relaunched it and everything is back as in the form.ini setting.
I also noticed that all memberships are updated with the exception of WAIS, despite being present for many Italian CALLs. In the last video you can see that I update it manually.
Many thanks for your invaluable assistance.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot1083.jpg (106kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
ScreenShot1084.jpg (103kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
ScreenShot1085.jpg (104kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
ScreenShot1086.jpg (105kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
ScreenShot1090.jpg (88kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
ScreenShot1091.jpg (87kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
ScreenShot1092.jpg (89kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

IKØCHU Mauro
WN4AZY on 8/10/2021(UTC)
WN4AZY
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 4:09:39 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks. I am continuing to look into this. The MSXML errors I got look similar to this.

server ha risposto in modo non valido o non riconoscibile
server responded in an invalid or un recognizable way

dati necessari per il completamento di questa operazoine non sono ancora disponibili
data required for the completion of this work are not yet available

This looks like QRZ's problem.

I will look at the unrelated errors.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY