logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Exporting Log data as a comma delimited file
N7TB
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 11:44:39 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have setup additional fields such as rig, antenna used, My QTH, Straight Key box, etc. I would really like to export every field in my log as a comma delimited file.

I am not a programmer. is there some way in the program to do this without having to write my own script. Logic is a very customizable and powerful program, but without programming knowledge, I am limited on what I can do with it.

Thanks,

Terry, N7TB
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 7:33:05 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

LOGic has a primitive CSV exporter under tools/export. Unfortunately, it just exports the raw user-defined field data into one column.

What I would recommend is making an ADIF file, which breaks out the user-defined fields, and using this to convert to CSV. I tried it and it seems OK. I use the free LibreOffice Calc spreadsheet, which is very similar to Microsoft Excel. Set the separator to , and the string delimiter to "

http://software.ad1c.us/ADIF_to_CSV/index.html

BTW I actually don't like CSV. If your data contains commas and quotes, or maybe just quotes, as LOGic's data possibly could, you are screwed. Tab-delimited is a lot easier to work with.

Let me know if any ????s.

Tnx/73,

WN4AZY
N7TB
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 11:29:31 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the conversion program. This brings up a followup question. When I look at the filter system to even export an ADIF file, I don't see fields in my log form such as, My QTH, Antenna, and check mark box for straight key. How do I access those fields in either an ADIF export or using the conversion program?

I have some knowledge of Microsoft Access databases, but know nothing about SQL or Dbase. I assume those are the database formats for Logic.

Thanks for the help!

Terry
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 2:39:58 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Each field in LOGic is defined in tools/setup/log fields. Under the ADIF tab, make sure that EXPORT is turned on for the fields in question. I tested this with AD1C'c conversion program. It will handle whatever ADIF field names it finds.

You don't have to do anything with SQL or dBASE, but yes, LOGic uses Foxpro, which is similar to dBase, and uses SQL internally as well.

Tnx & 73,

WN4AZY