logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

log.fpt invalid or missing
NS4X
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 3:47:41 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I had a "corrupted database" problem one day ago which I eventually solved by restoring a previous version of the database (log.dbf). However, I am now getting this error: "{path}log.fpt is missing or is invalid." has occurred in program OTHERQSOS.GET_QSOS, line 45 ". I have checked, log.fpt is present, so I assume it is corrupted. A temporary workaround is to remove the Other QSOS form so that (I assume) the OTHERQSOS.GET_QSOS routine doesn't execute, but this is obviously not a long-term solution. How do I repair log.fpt? I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

Bart Campbell, NS4X
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
NS4X
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 4:57:38 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: NS4X Go to Quoted Post
I had a "corrupted database" problem one day ago which I eventually solved by restoring a previous version of the database (log.dbf). However, I am now getting this error: "{path}log.fpt is missing or is invalid." has occurred in program OTHERQSOS.GET_QSOS, line 45 ". I have checked, log.fpt is present, so I assume it is corrupted. A temporary workaround is to remove the Other QSOS form so that (I assume) the OTHERQSOS.GET_QSOS routine doesn't execute, but this is obviously not a long-term solution. How do I repair log.fpt? I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

Bart Campbell, NS4X

Additional information: I have discovered that the log.fpt errors occur when trying to download from LoTW and even when trying to export the log as an ADIF. The program is unusable at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
wa4pgm
#3 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 1:16:06 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
When you restored LOG.DBF did you also restore LOG.FPT? They must travel together. If not have you created a backup copy of your log?

Removing forms isn't going to help but give you more issues.
1 user thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 10/25/2020(UTC)
wa4pgm
#4 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 7:25:20 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Man

If you've run Backup/Restore and have a copy of your log you can uninstall LOGic, then reinstall from your latest subscription. Then run Backup/Restore again and Restore your copy. Then run update awards and you should be good to go? If all goes well update to the latest LOGic and hopefully everything is back to normal. Good luck!
Kyle, WA4PGM
WN4AZY on 10/25/2020(UTC)
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 3:11:24 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Thanks Kyle--your advice is spot on.

Bart, if you use LOGic's backup/restore facility, it handles the log.dbf/fpt situation automatically. But now I just back up the whole LOGic folder. Or better yet install it on the cloud.

https://youtu.be/9EYu0rfCM1w

But you have to make sure log.dbf and log.fpt are BOTH restored.

It is possible to recover from a mismatch situation, but you lose your notes and addresses.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

NS4X
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2020 1:35:19 PM(UTC)

Thank you both for the replies. The problem, I am sure, was that I restored only a an earlier version of Log.dbf and not the corresponding LOG.FPT. My LOGic files are stored on Google Drive so it is easy to retrieve an earlier version of a specific file, but due to my lack of knowledge about Log.fpt that action of restoring only Log.dbf led to the subsequent issues. I have things working now, after completely uninstalling LOGic and deleting all of the remaining files, then reinstalling and restoring from an ADIF. The reasons that I did not use the restore function initially were 1. my full backup was quite old; I download eQSL pictures (a neat option) but because I have just under 49,000 entries in my log there are a lot of eQSLs, and it takes about two hours to do a full backup so I don't do them very often; and 2. when the Log.fpt errors began the program was continually crashing. As you predicted, I have lost information in my Notes field.

Going forward I am not going to backup eQSL pictures. That makes frequent backups far quicker.

Thanks again and 73,
Bart NS4X

1 user thanked NS4X for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 11/2/2020(UTC)
wa4pgm
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2020 3:41:22 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Man

Bart I'm happy to see you have everything working again. Nothing more frustrating than having issues with something. I think you have a good plan to backup more often without eQSL pictures but perhaps you still can do a backup to your Google Drive every now and then and keep your pictures. I never download the pictures because my internet speed is slow and only 1mb so it would take days having 100,000+ contacts in the log.

Thanks for letting so know the outcome!!
Kyle
WN4AZY on 11/2/2020(UTC)