logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

IC-7610 why does it happen?
IK0CHU
#1 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 1:22:11 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)

Hi Dennis,
as I told you in another post, I replaced my IC-7600 with the new IC-7610 and after changing only the CI-V address from 98h to 7Ah (7600 default) I have regularly used the 7610 in all its functions like the 7600.
The simple reason was to have the opportunity to use both the equipment without modifying anything in Logic.
The latest update of Windows 10 has created a lot of audio and video problems and many programs no longer work in addition to problems of non-linear mouse operation.
I downgraded Windows 10 and everything was back as before.
I also updated the 7610 firmware to version 1.11 which reported the default 7610 settings. So I only changed the Hex value from 7Ah to 98h on the Logic settings.
The 7610 no longer worked. I have always left the driver for 7600 and 7610.
I returned the address in 7A and everything worked ok.
I do not understand what the problem could be.
I also have an IC-7300 online, an IC-7100, an IC-910H with the original ICOM settings but only the 7610 creates problems for me.
I do not understand what the problem could be.
I have read that you have made changes on this but certainly I have not understood, hi.
Should I change the driver in Logic? Is not it correct what I am using and that I have always used also for the 7600?
Thanks for the information you can give me.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 8:49:02 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Mauro:

The address is changeable in the rig and LOGic. Each model rig has a default address set at the factory, but you can change it in the rig's setup menus. It looks like you changed the factory 7610 setting from 98 to 7A. Or the factory made a mistake.

The changes we made to the com port libraries would have no effect on this.

No matter, so long it works, it is fine. Use Driver #50 in LOGic for the 7600 and 7610.

One idiosyncrasy on the 7610 when using the built-in USB port. You have to turn on CI/V echo in the rig's setup.

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY