logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FT-2000 VFO Switch Not Working
W4EA
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:33:06 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Had this same situation with Logic 8. When trying to select VFO B,the "spl" button is depressed, the B button will not stay depressed, and the TX changes from VFO A to VFO B. You cannot switch VFOs on the FT-2000 from the program. I wonder if anyone is using an FT-2000, 5000 or 9000 series rig. Running vs.9.0.37

The switching works just fine on my K3, it appears that the new K3 engine fixed the previous problems.

Thanks Dennis.......
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:05:09 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Ok, if that's all that's not working, we're making progress hihi.

Some rigs do not support operating with VFO B as the main VFO. I believe the FT2000/5000/9000 is one of these. These rigs typically have a swap A/B function, so there is no loss of capability -- you just have to think about it differently.

You must be using the Legacy interface. LOGic 9 does not have a VFO B button for the new FT-5000 driver. Instead it has A<>B (swap A & B). Give that a try. We were still having problems with Split on last report, but have not heard one way or the other on .37.

Tnx & 73,

DH
W4EA
#3 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 10:18:03 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Definitely coming along nicely. I was using the Legacy interface, somehow again I missed the separate Interface. Now it works just fine. I don't do a lot of spotting, except in contests, therefore I cannot speak to that function yet. Supporting all of today's rigs must be a nightmare.

Thanks again for all of your fine help, it's a pleasure to work with someone who is right on top of their software, very much like what I am used to with Elecraft.

Dan