logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOGic 9 Backup
DL2FAG
#1 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 6:35:11 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello,

after I doing an advanced backup on a shared drive, I get an error message, which I do not understand.

Message: "Ther is too much data to fit on \\SERVER\AMATEURFUNK\.... Free up some space, select another drive or or use BASIC backup to a series of floppies"

The share drive has enough space, so it could be not teh reason for the error-message

Karl
File Attachment(s):
Unbenannt.JPG (25kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
w2zi
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 11:45:14 PM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Karl,
What program are you using for backup? I do not recognize the error message format as being anything from LOGic.

Reading the message, it seems you are backing up your log and named it such. The target for the backup program seems to be a network server named 'SERVER' which might be the issue. Has this worked in the past?

Since this is a message from a specific backup program, this might not be the best place to ask.

73s,
Don
DL2FAG
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 8:34:55 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Don,

it the LOGic9 Feature under "TOOLS/BACKUP AND RESTORE"...and the usage of the ADVANCED mode caused this error message.

Karl
File Attachment(s):
Unbenannt2.JPG (72kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
1 user thanked DL2FAG for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 6/17/2018(UTC)
w2zi
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 11:56:55 AM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Karl,
My bad. I had never actually used this feature until today. I use LOGic's continuous safety log feature and the an Acronis product with a USB hard drive for backups.

That said, I did test that feature. My logs (and pictures) are around 200 MB and that produced a 50 MB file. It's actually just a ZIP file with a different extension.

It creates this in your %TEMP% folder before copying it to your target folder. That created a few possible issues. You might not have enough room on your temp folder's drive (usually C:\Users\_username_\AppData\Local\Temp). Since your target is a network share, that might have disconnect or timeout issues that LOGic just reports as too much data. The other network share issue I would not think you have until your compressed log gets to 2 GB.

I only have some 25000 log entries and the above file sizes.

Let me suggest the following. Clean out your temp files (CCleaner is my preferred choice and it's free). Plug in a USB drive (does not need to be large). Change that to be the target and run the backup again.

73s,
Don
1 user thanked w2zi for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 6/17/2018(UTC)