logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Two Logmains linked with two radio and two serial ports
IK0CHU
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:41:29 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 79 post(s)

Hello Dennis,
I am now working for the first time with two main active log. The first is linked with IC756PROIII and the second with IC910H. I use a MOXA PCI card with 8 RS232. The second logmain seems to have the data transfer slower than the first but is working well. The second logmain window does not stay on the desktop even though the flag is placed on "windows desktop".
I tried to record a QSO in the first logmain and everything is going well. After I added a QSO in the second window and I had to click on the right-arrow to get the warning of "end of file" and the Qso displayed on the browser window. It is necessary at this point also click on the right-arrow on the first window to display the QSO otherwise not added the 2 meters qso. Almost every time you insert a QSO wherever it must be confirmed respectively in the two windows otherwise the last QSO is overwritten. Tell me if I'm wrong in some task or need your intervention. Thank you.
73's de IKØCHU
IKØCHU Mauro
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 9:46:41 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Hi--

After you place a window IN WINDOWS DESKTOP, you have to close and reopen it. I could not get one instance of main.logform to open in the desktop and the other to open in LOGic. They both want to go one place or the other.

I don't know why the data transfer would be different. Data transfer to what? Your hard disk?

To avoid overwriting QSOs, click the SAVE button before leaving a log form to add a QSO in another. I will see if there is a way to avoid having to do this in a future update.

Do you have two actual log forms? main.logform and vhf.logform for example? Or just two instances of main.logform? I recommend making a copy of main.logform and naming it something else of course.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY