logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Home location lock
WB4YDL
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 4:26:48 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dennis:

A couple more things I've noticed:

• I noticed that Logic 9 loses track of my location. I first noticed that the direction listed for the spots was way off - up to 100 degrees off. I went to Station setup and my location was set to the correct lat/long, and when I clicked OK, everything returned back to normal. Weird.
  • The other thing is that using the legacy K3 (Kenwood) driver, the frequency display would 'time out' and go to all 0's. Moving the main VFO knob or clicking anything in that box returned a frequency back the way it should. My other radio, the FT-1000MP does just fine and never loses frequency.
  • The French Federation call sign look up does not work.

That's it for now. Hope things get straightened out.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:28:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Haven't had any reports of problems with lat/lon tracking. It HAS been redone for LOGic 9. DX/Direction used to be stored in the prefix table and merely displayed. Now it is calculated on-the-fly, so it is possible there is a problem. If you can find a way to reproduce this, let me know pse.

There have been no changes to the legacy drivers, so it should work as well or as poorly as in LOGic 8. Try the latest .28 update and the new TS-850 driver. I made some changes and it may work now. Let me know pse. When we get that working it will be a simple matter to make a dedicated K3-sepcific driver.

I went to http://www.ref-union.org/ and clicked the Nomenclature link, and get an error. The site is having problems. If anyone can read French and verify.... hihi. Just disable it for now.

Tnx & 73,

DH
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:29:05 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Haven't had any reports of problems with lat/lon tracking. It HAS been redone for LOGic 9. DX/Direction used to be stored in the prefix table and merely displayed. Now it is calculated on-the-fly, so it is possible there is a problem. If you can find a way to reproduce this, let me know pse.

There have been no changes to the legacy drivers, so it should work as well or as poorly as in LOGic 8. Try the latest .28 update and the new TS-850 driver. I made some changes and it may work now. Let me know pse. When we get that working it will be a simple matter to make a dedicated K3-sepcific driver.

I went to http://www.ref-union.org/ and clicked the Nomenclature link, and get an error. The site is having problems. If anyone can read French and verify.... hihi. Just disable it for now.

Tnx & 73,

DH
WB4YDL
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:44:07 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis:

So far I haven't noticed in further loss of location tracking since I reset it. I WAS adding extra callsigns to the prefix table earlier in the day such as HK0NA for Malpelo which likes to default HK-S, and TO4M for FH. Maybe it didn't lock in after doing that. I'll monitor.

Haven't tried the .28 update - will D/L and initiate and try the other K3 driver. The one higher in the driver list simply didn't work when I first tried it after install.

Thanks - will report back.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL
WB4YDL
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:27:13 PM(UTC)

Hi again Dennis:

I haven't seen any further location problems today. I did check the K3 driver and you have 2 instances of the Kenwood 850 driver on the dropdown box. The top one does indeed work - not the one further down the list. There are some problems with the driver however as all the buttons do not work correctly. All the mode buttons work fine. The split button will put the K3 in split but you can't hover the mouse pointer over the button as the pressed state will not persist. Also the A=B button will put the K3 into split as will the B button ! Also pressing the B VFO button will not stay pressed - it immediately comes back to unpressed state, but split persists. The up/down frequency stepper works fine. Also the sub receiver is turned on and off with the sub button just fine.

Hope this helps - I know there are a lot of K3 owners out there. Now if you could get that world map working ...

73, Jamie WB4YDL
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 6:45:47 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, are you referring the TS-850 Driver (legacy) or the non-legacy one? The position on the menu makes it sould like the non-legacy one, but if that's the case they should both work. Let me know pse.

What's wrong with the world map?

Tnx & 73,

DH
WB4YDL
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:10:50 PM(UTC)

Dennis:

It is indeed the Legacy driver - my bad. I went to the shack to check on this. There is a driver in capital letters that has (legacy) at the end of the description. The one that is all lower case - kenwood 850 - does not have (legacy) in the description. It is the legacy driver that works as described in the former post.

As for the world map, see my rather lengthy description in an earlier post. So far, one person has posted that he has the same problem. The map worked fine when I first installed it - and then it didn't ! It won't show spots and clicking the setup button gives an error and a big red X where the map was. I described it in detail in a post a couple days ago.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL
WN4AZY
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:37:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok sri on the map. I let that fall thru the cracks. I posted a reply to your post WORLD MAP ERROR.

What are the results of using the non-legacy 850 driver? Errors, or bad data, or what?

Tnx & 73,

DH
wa4pgm
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 10:00:08 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Using the non-legacy 850 driver I get the following.

When clicking:
B - puts rig in/out split
A=B - puts rig in/out split

SPL - Program Error
Unrecognized command verb
ignore
Object is not contained in FORM.
ignore
Expression is not valid outside of WITH/ENDWITH.

DL - Program Error
Unrecognized command verb
ignore
Object is not contained in FORM.
ignore
Expression is not valid outside of WITH/ENDWITH.

Modes don't work.

Set Rig in Spot Log gives 3 errors then sets the rig.

K3, XP SP3, LOGic9.0.28
W3KL
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2012 8:13:43 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WB4YDL Go to Quoted Post
[list]
  • I noticed that Logic 9 loses track of my location. I first noticed that the direction listed for the spots was way off - up to 100 degrees off. I went to Station setup and my location was set to the correct lat/long, and when I clicked OK, everything returned back to normal. Weird.
  • The other thing is that using the legacy K3 (Kenwood) driver, the frequency display would 'time out' and go to all 0's. Moving the main VFO knob or

• Dennis. I am having the same problem with my setup...

Running XP, SP3.

DX Directions are off by a significant amount...if I go to station setup and click "OK" goes back to normal..

But after sufficient time passes, the directions are off again and I have to go back and click on OK in station setup.

Jeff
    WN4AZY
    #11 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2012 10:29:27 AM(UTC)
    admin

Man

Ok, try this and let me know.

http://hosenose.com/Foru...nstall-this-update.aspx

Tnx &73,

DH