logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

QRZ-related fixes
N7IP
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:24:34 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
#1. Is there a complete list of new features/fixes in V9--something more complete than the list on the web site?

#2. I was looking in V9 for a couple QRZ interface fixes that we had discussed a year or two ago but I could not find them. Here they are:

- put IOTA info from QRZ subscription database into the log
- put "QSL via" info from QRZ subscription database into the log
- fix the parsing of addresses from QRZ before putting them into the log's address field. The city code info is deleted when it follows the city name (typical of non-US addresses). UA4FCJ is one random example of this but it happens very frequently in my experience.

Logic's ability to automatically populate the log from QRZ is a wonderful feature. It saves a lot of time. But these lingering issues require that we perform several time-consuming manual steps for every QSL we send:

- look up the address on QRZ to see if it was parsed correctly before being put into the log; manually make changes so it matches QRZ
- enter the IOTA into the log
- see if the "VIA" field has a QSL route. If so, cut/paste that call into Logic. Perform another address lookup in Logic. Then cut/paste the QSL Mgr call into QRZ to check that the address in the log was parsed correctly and make the necessary corrections to match QRZ.

If these issues could be fixed, it would cut my time to QSL in half!

Thanks,

Bob
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
IK0CHU
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:52:27 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Hi Bob,
It would be interesting to include in the logform also the WWLOCATOR found in the details of QRZ.com to immediately identify the location of the HAM if you use the DX-Atlas interfaced with Logic9.
Dennis we trust in you, thanks.
73's de IKØCHU
IKØCHU Mauro
N7IP
#3 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2012 10:38:02 PM(UTC)

Dennis, what's your thinking about fixing the issues addressed in the thread, such as pulling the IOTA number off QRZ?

Thanks,

Bob
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2012 11:35:00 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Originally Posted by: N7IP Go to Quoted Post
#1. Is there a complete list of new features/fixes in V9--something more complete than the list on the web site?

No, sorry. Time permitting we will update the web page.

Originally Posted by: N7IP Go to Quoted Post
#
#2. I was looking in V9 for a couple QRZ interface fixes that we had discussed a year or two ago but I could not find them. Here they are:

- put IOTA info from QRZ subscription database into the log
- put "QSL via" info from QRZ subscription database into the log
- fix the parsing of addresses from QRZ before putting them into the log's address field. The city code info is deleted when it follows the city name (typical of non-US addresses). UA4FCJ is one random example of this

I will look into this. Can certainly do IOTA & VIA assuming it is in the XML they send.

I'll have to look at the parsing of the addresses and see what they send me. With the XML subscription I shouldn't have to do any parsing. But I guess they get the data in all sorts of different formats so it is difficult to make the end product consistent.

Thanks & 73,

DH
N7IP
#5 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 1:54:16 PM(UTC)

Dennis, could you update us on when you might be able to fix the QRZ-related issues? It would be a huge help for us when we print QSLs. Thanks,

Bob
N7IP
#6 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 11:07:30 AM(UTC)

Dennis, any idea when we might get these fixes? They'll be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bob