logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Spot Log - Set Rig resets rig filter to 2.4Khz setting
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 11:16:57 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
When I use Set Rig from the spot log it always resets my rigs filter to filter 2 (2.4 kHz), I always have my rigs filter set to wide (3.0kHZ) for SSB. Its not a show stopper but its kinda getting old having to set it back to the wide filter. This also occurs using the Rig Window when changing from LSB to USB or vice versa. Is there a setting for filter width somewhere i'm missing or can this driver be updated to not send a command for the filter width at all??

Windows 10, Icom IC-756ProII via legacy driver #20.

Can't say when this started to occur, its been a while though.

Thanks, de Brad N8GLS

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K7PDW
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 11:51:21 AM(UTC)
DAVE

Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Dave, K7PDW here. I have the same problem with the same driver #20 plus another problem. My PROii drops out of USB-D back to USB and that cause my SignalinkUSB to loose connection to the radio. Seems like the "set rig" command sets the radio back to some kinds of a default setting.
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:05:35 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, we are setting the mode, then the freq, then split. I'm not sending any filter width command. Even if the spot is not split, LOGic sends the split off commands (there is no way to know the current split state of the rig). Maybe setting split off resets some stuff?

Some tests you can run for me. From the log form or control panel, set the mode then the freq. See if it resets the width. Also, try Driver# 16. It does not attempt to set split.

What happens if you try a non-legacy driver?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

K8ZM
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:53:39 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Hi Dennis,

Current driver #20: Started with rig set to wide 3.ok filter. Changed mode then freq, it changes the width to the medium 2.4 k filter. Note that changing the mode alone changes the filter.

Driver #16: Same as above, as soon as you change the mode it changes the filter width to the medium 2.4k filter.

I tried some of the non-legacy drivers but not all of them work, most don't and I get errors with most of them or they work while in LOGic but when I shut LOGic down and re-launch I get errors. Its been awhile since I brought this up but since #20 was working without error I was fine, and still ok.

I did get #46 to load and it did the same thing, also tried the driver that supports changing the filter width (#48 or #49), it worked keeping the filter width as set. These drivers don't work for long giving errors or not functioning with set rig, some of the controls don't toggle when operating the rig. Like changing to split on the rig doesn't toggle the radio button in the rig control window, several other function changes on the rig don't change the radio buttons in the rig control window.

Sometime ago I put every driver for the IC-756 through a function test and recorded the results for all the features....misplaced that "pile" of post-it notes. I'll do that again after I do a clean install of Win 10. I may have some baggage on this PC that could be causing some issues. Currently running Win 10 but only did the upgrade. My PC is a Lenovo (don't buy one) and it has a mess of programs that it doesn't know it needs, nor does Lenovo, or the upgrade procedure they published, or the driver webpage, basically you cant figure out what is needed or not. Anyways, getting off subject.

Note also that the same thing occurs with my IC-746Pro, driver #16. Same steps as above, changing mode alone changes the filter to the medium filter.

73, de Brad
K7PDW
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2016 8:51:14 AM(UTC)
DAVE

Man

Hi guys
I'll wait in the wings and watch your progress on this. Hopefully my issue will shake out and get fixed in the process. Sounds to me like they're all related.
Thanks
Dave, K7PDW
K8ZM
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2016 11:08:34 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Dave,

Ok, well as someone with a 756ProII i'm curious if you attempted any of the other drivers, like #46 or #48. Curious if they load and run without errors. The non-legacy drivers have been an issue for me, and apparently not many Icom users on the forum so don't get much feedback either way as to how they are working for them. I'm functioning just fine with #20 and set rig works great as well as the important stuff. The filter re-setting was getting old, but, I thought maybe there was a setting in LOGic buried somewhere that I didn't know about. Anyways if you try the other drivers let us know.

73, de Brad N8GLS
K7PDW
#7 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 10:14:29 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Man

Brad,

It has been a long time since I set up the my PROII. I think I was still using LOGic 8. I know I tried every driver listed for the PROII and finally settled on #20 because it worked.

It gets quite annoying when I'm on digital and the rig keeps going back out of USB-D to USB and the filter goes from 3.6 kHz to 2.4 kHz. If I'm running WSJT-X the JT9 and the upper JT65 signals disappear. Even worse the modulation goes from correct levels to totally over driving the radio and that cause my signal to splatter the band badly. I use a SignaLink USB to connect the computer to the radio so I'm connected to the data port, ACC(1). Apparently the input requirement to pin 4 changes when the radio is in USB. I have to remember to keep an eye on it.

Dave, K7PDW
K8ZM
#8 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 11:27:33 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Dave,

Ok, well, wow. That's a mouthful of issues. I haven't used the digital modes for quite some time so can't say if the same issues result here. The filter issues of course do. I used to run JT65, WSJT, and a host of others without issue. Don't have experience with the SignalLink. I run dual CT-17's, one for the 756ProII and one for the 746Pro which solved issues from running both on one CT-17 with CI-V Transceive on in both rigs as they "followed" each other, I called it nuisance tracking. I'm curious and will try some digi this weekend and report back any issues.

Good Luck, 73, de Brad