logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Updating DXCC List, Problem
K2WH
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2016 1:30:19 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I am a user of Logic8 and for the first time, I decided to look at the current DXCC entity list and found much has changed from my original installation. So, I have been slowly updating the internal list in Logic8 from ARRL entity list. However, the changes I am making to the list, do not translate to the log form list when entering a new call from a foreign country. As an example, updating the PJ2, PJ4, PJ5 and PJ7 entities, these changes are not reflected in the log page. Entering a PJ2 call in the log still comes up Bonaire, Curacao which does not correspond to the changes I have made to just Curacao and I added PJ7 as St. Maarten and this does not show up all in the log listing nor does any other DXCC entities I have updated.

So the question is, how do I get the changes in the internal DXCC listing to be recognized in the log form?

Thanks,
Bill
K2WH
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
w2zi
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:02:39 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)
William,
I'm running LOGic 9 so some of the menu items may have slightly changed since v8.

Changes to the awards table (List of valid values) do not change already saved QSO log entries.

Step 1: make a backup before you start!

Depending upon how many we are talking about, the easiest way might be the ff.:

From the log form, click on the filter button (looks like a funnel), enter the old value next to
DXCC and click Ok. You then edit the DXCC field for each QSO. Unlikely but you might need to change
CQZ, ITUZ. Note that the DXCC field may appear blank as the value saved with the QSO is no longer
on the list. Hit the dropdown and scroll or the ellipsis button and search.

Repeat for each of the changes.

If you have hundreds (thousands) of QSOs to change, a database command script can be written to
automate the process.

When you are done, update the Awards progress info.

Good luck.

73s,
Don
1 user thanked w2zi for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 4/11/2016(UTC)