logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Error 2059 and more
NA9A
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:06:46 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

LOGic 9 has worked well for a long time on my Win-10 64 bit machine, but every time Win-10 updates itself, I often have problems with Ham Radio problems. Now it's LOGic.

Yesterday when I tried to start LOGic, I got an error message: "Microsoft Visual Fox Pro. Wrong version of Callsign Exception File." I clicked [OK} and got another error message: "Error 2059 'Unhandled Structured Exception>' Error No: 2071, Message: User thrown error." User Value: Prefix lookup setup failed. Details Procedure: prefixlookupsetup Line No: 24 'has occurred in program, line0. Attempt to continue" I then clicked [OK] and nothing happened and LOGic didn't start. I've rebooted and "restored" my computer to a previous date but that didn't work. I just tried to reinstall LOGic 9 from the original CD and got the same errors and no start.

The word "prefix" might be related to me adding another user defined selection in my log screen; I added "PFX" but I've been using that for a month without problems.

Please help;

Thanks, Joe, NA9A #5717
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2015 10:11:05 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Joe:

Have you installed the .81 update? If not, pse do so.

If you have, try this: Quit LOGic, go to c:\program files (x86)\logic or whereever you have LOGic installed. Go to the DATA subfolder. Delete PREFIXEXCEPTIONS.XML. Install the .81 update again.

Let me know.

73 & happy new year,

WN4AZY