logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Preparation for the CQ WW CW contest
vk4iu
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:41:25 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

Attached is my logform for the CQ WW CW Contest at the end of the month. I started with the CQWW logform Dennis created for us in 2002.

I have made the following changes ...

My log is now universal. The points for a QSO has been updated to account for North American stations ..

IIF(GLOBAL.MY_CONTINENT="NA",2,1)

Default fields has been updated to store my CQ zone in the STX - Serial Transmitted user field of each QSO. The Cabrillo no longer asks for the zone, taking it from the QSOs. During setup for the contest, you need to enter your code for the contest, the dates for the contest, and your zone in the Defaults panel.

I added CQZ "copy from previous" QSOs.

The logform looks like this ...

CQ WW Logform

There is never enough space on the screen for all the forms, so my log form includes the minimum fields. A logfrom can be no narrower that the width of the "button bar" and I try to make all my contest forms the same size - then I can change contest and not have to move any of the other forms. After the contest I use many other logforms to examine the QSOs. If I want to see more during the contest I load and use other non-contesting logforms.

To develop the logform I used a debug version of the form. Here is the Ukrainian DX logform in debug form.

Debugging logform

... the extra fields are the multiplier and points expressions from the contest configuration. I start with the debug logform, and when the debugging is finished I copy and rename the form, and then simply drag the extra fields to the Rubbish Bin. If you want to know more to develop your own forms, please ask on the forum.
File Attachment(s):
2014-11 CQ-WW-DX.zip (4kb) downloaded 37 time(s).
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!