logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internet Explorer 8 Problems
N4SC
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 7:31:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I've been having major problems interfacing with the LOTW site since the 15th of October. Obviously as a result of the POS attack, the ARRL has changed something on their end which now seems to disallow the use of IE8 on my end. I tried using the latest version of LOGic 9 (.71) and it hasn't made a difference. When I just try to "Open LOTW site in browser" from within LOGic9, I get an error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". However, if I take the exact login phrasing from that attempt and paste it into my Chrome browser, it accesses the site just fine. So I then attempted to use Chrome as my browser within LOGic 9 but that didn't work either - it always defaults to Internet Explorer even when I made Chrome my default browser. Anyone have similar problems and ideas on how to solve? I am in the process of moving all my ham radio apps from this Win XP box to a new Win 7 box but am not yet ready with all the interfaces so for the time being it would be helpful to get this working on the XP box. Thanks for any assistance that you can offer....
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 6:21:27 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Sorry, LOGic does not have the ability to change the default browser. Chrome, FireFox, etc. do not have the programmatic interface that we need to control the browser.

Does IE8 also fail if you go to the LoTW URL manually like you do in Chrome, or does it fail only when LOGic attempts to browse there? If it fails irrespective of LOGic, I would contact ARRL and ask them if there is some setting you can change.

Apparently you cannot update IE past 8 on XP....

Worst case you can do almost everything in LOGic without it talking to IE. Go thru the process, and when it attempts to upload, go to the TMP folder inside the LOGic install folder. The TQ8 file is there. Use Chrome or what-have-you to upload it. http://www.hosenose.com/...ing-LoTW-and-LOGic.aspx

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY