logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

WAE QTC entry
NU4B
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 5:53:45 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Does anybody know how to enter the QTCs in the log. I don't have a clue. If I make more entries for the same call sign it registers them as a new QSO and a dupe even if the QTC is different, and of course, it doesn't score any points. Any help will be much appreciated.

73, Larry NU4B
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 7:12:28 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Hi Larry:

Good to hear from you.

This contest has always been a mystery to me hihi.

I understand that when you QSO with a EU station, you can send him "traffic" telling him about previous stations you worked. You can only send a QSO once as a QTC is my understanding.

So if you send F6DEX your first two QTCs, you enter 2 in WAEQSOCNT for F6DEX. Then you go back the two QSOs you sent, and enter 1 and 2 in WAE_QTCSEQ, and F6DEX in WAE_QTCTO. The browse window will be invaluable hihi.

So you record who you sent the QSO TO in the three fields provided.

Here is a good link to the rules btw:
http://www.darc.de/refer...contest/waedc/en/rules/

Let me know if this is workable or not.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

NU4B
#3 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 3:48:35 PM(UTC)

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! hahaha

I think I got it. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks, Dennis, for the clarification. It all makes sense now.

73, Larry NU4B
NU4B
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 4:02:44 PM(UTC)

Hey Dennis,
It worked! The score came up as it should. And really, had I done this in the first place, tracking the QTCs would have been much, much easier. I know all this was in the contest summary, but it just didn't sink in.

Now, how do QTCs get reported? When I generate a log to send, I don't see any mention of them.

(I run QRP as you may or may not know. I never ever thought I would have anybody request QTCs in this contest because I assumed my signal would be too weak. Apparently some of the superstations can hear a flea hop 3000 miles away. Out of the 75 Qs I made, I had 7 requests. Five went well, 2 were iffy either because of my own bungling or my weak signal. The QTCs are really pretty cool especially in CW - you have to think beyond the usual "599 blah, blah, blah")

One other thing, I noticed when you go to set up a contest under the general tab I get a program error after entering the end date as it tabs to the serial number. The error says "program argument, value, or count is invalid". It seems to be at the serial number because it happens if you just try to change the serial number. If you hit "ignore" you can continue with no other problems. (This occurs with all logs.) But its there - and maybe that has been fixed in an update I haven't downloaded. Just FYI.

Anyway, Dennis, I think the software is great. I always have - since Logic 3. Has it been that long ago? The great flexibility and the seamless incorporation of contest logs and the general log (and everything else I can do with it) is amazing. I'm sure I haven't got close to knowing everything I can do. haha

Thanks again, Dennis!

73, Larry NU4B